Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Updates, Get Your Updates!

Dear Reader,

I am very sorry, I have left you in a limbo like no other. You are probably gripping your keyboard and giving it a shake wishing I would write a post. Well today is your day, I am going to write a post and give you some updates and such.

SELF PUBLISHING WORKSHOP

January 26, was the self publishing workshop. It was really good. I will admit there were some really annoying people asking questions that the host had answered and what not, but overall really made me considering self publishing the book I am working on. There are so many formats and choices you can make for your book and publish it professionally minus the costs. What a great idea….so glad I went!

KME & AVIS

My student and her mount are coming along really well. They have actually decided they mesh really well together and can count on one another. A couple weeks ago I sent Kme over a 4 ft jump to see how she would far. It was a fairly open oxer and kind of intimidating, but it worked out amazing. Avis ended up jumping it 5 ft instead of the four and he was trying his little heart out. We got a hold of the Trillium season that Kme would like to show in and it’s pretty hardcore. She’s definitely looking forward to what is in store for her this year. Let’s hope the team jumps to the occasion.

CURRENT READING MATERIAL

So I am reading this book about the bridal industry in the US. I must for an industry that grosses $161 billion per year, I find it quite criminal. In one chapter they are stating that the middle of the road bride wants to spend $28,000 on her wedding. Now I think that amount is quite a lot because that would make a nice down payment on a house, send a kid to college, something, hell anything. I just think that when stats are saying that 3 out of 4 marriages break up, spending that much on a wedding is a complete waste. Now yes to each their own, I understand that concept very well but come ladies there are other ways to make that day special.

CONSIDERATION

I am considering putting my visual book shelf link from facebook onto my blog. This way you can get updates on reading and reviews, then basically I only have to do the review once. Some feedback would be nice…let me know what sounds good.

PARTING WORDS

So dear reader, I have got you up to date on what has been going on. Not a whole lot, not much excitement. I will try and keep on top of the blogging better. Please accept my apologies. Love you dear reader, thanks for being true!

No comments: