Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What the...........

Dear Reader,

I am always amazed at the number of groups that appear and exist on Facebook. I can understand finding your highschool buddies or even being a fan of a band, but these Facebook pages that are petitions....come on. I can believe that people will sign up to be apart of a particular group, which essentially just gets added to your Facebook status. People can learn more about you by the groups your in then by talking with you. The page that sparked this tiny rant was Stop Live Skinning of Animals in China. The person that created this page believes that every person on it is allowing him/her to use their signature. I'm sorry but on Facebook, your little picture identity card doesn't count as a signature. Nothing really counts as a signature unless you sign something, or sign something and make a pdf of your signature to attach to documents. While the creator of this group really has a good agenda their logic leaves me screwing up my face and looking up in wonder. The scariest tid bit of information is that 587,309 members belong to this group and I'm sure more will come and 'sign up'. It's only 2:07 am in the morning and they are 'rallying' for a good cause, but valid petitioning on Facebook....sorry I don't think so.

No comments: