Thursday, May 9, 2013

City of Dark Magic

City of Dark MagicCity of Dark Magic by Magnus Flyte
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this novel. It was a fairly easy read and there was a lot of mystery, magic and history. I found that Nico was very much like the character of Tyrion Lanaster from Game of Thrones (the dwarf character). He was very witty and smart as well as peculiar, which draws the reader into his character. This was my first book that I have read with the setting as Prague and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I can only imagine what it is really like there, with all the castles and old relics. The one character that I was always unsure about was Max. I never really could decide if he was on the good side of things or the bad side, but towards the end it became quite clear. The chemistry between him and Sarah Weston was a electric and there were some racy scenes that were written quite well. I didn't care much for the Beethoven story line but it did add a interesting twist to the already bizarre mystery. I liked the book and am definitely going to read the next one when it comes out. It reminded me very much of a Dan Brown (with Robert Langdon) book.

View all my reviews

No comments: