Sunday, March 30, 2014

Running Blind

Running Blind (Jack Reacher, #4)Running Blind by Lee Child
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Yet again GoodReads has me frustrated that I cannot give 1/2 stars. I would really rate this book 2.5 stars. It certainly dragged on, but I will admit there were some parts which were quite interesting, ie the killers way of killing (but that doesn't get revealed until the last few chapters). I also found that Jack Reacher in the book is completely different than the Tom Cruise character portrayed in film. In real-life Cruise is short, where as the book has Reacher portrayed as a man that is plus 6 ft and is approximately 230 lbs.

I was very disappointed with how Reacher came to the conclusion of who the killer was. It just didn't seem very logical to me and there was a lot of time being wasted. I have read a lot of books and I was pretty sure that I would be able to figure out the killer. I had my guess to who I thought it was and was totally out in left field. Then when I found out who the killer was, all I was saying to myself was WTF? The ending was a disappointment as well. Jeez Lee Child, you create a character like Jack Reacher, you've got to be able to have a story that meets his abilities. Reacher is a lone ranger, out on his own. Goes to the beat of his own drum. Then an ending like that just makes the whole story fall flat. Then there's the whole issue of the FBI. What a bunch of dummies. I'm left thinking, if that is how you truly think the FBI operates what a huge disappointment.

Now that I have written all this I am finding that the book doesn't deserve 2.5, a two will suffice.

View all my reviews

No comments: