Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Dinotopia Lost

Dinotopia LostDinotopia Lost by Alan Dean Foster
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was great bc I am a huge fan of dinosaurs and the book Dinotopia by Jame Gurney. This book has the same characters as Dinotopia but there are also some new characters bc the book is not the same. It's more about how the dinosaurs interact with the humans and humans that have chosen to stay on Dinotopia have adapted to a different way of life that is particular to the dinosaurs. There are mentions of a lot of the places that are in Dinotopia but my favourite was at the Tree Tops. It was an elaborate decision and if there was a wrong move a person or dinosaur could fall to their death. While in Dinotopa it is Will and his father that are stranded by a terrible storm, this book has people coming from England and getting trapped in a storm which leads them to Dinotopia. I also really enjoyed the Dinosaurs communicating with each other and how it sounded as well as how Will had to figure out if he could compromise and speak some of the language. The book brings the principles of working together/teamwork/assisting each other with situations that arise on the spot and also how to make the best out of a bad situation. While I would not give this book a 5 star rating, I would give it a 3.5 but being generous I will give it a 4.


View all my reviews

No comments: