Thursday, December 28, 2006

3 Movie Reviews, 2 turtle doves and a .......

Well dear reader, Christmas and Boxing Day are officially over. Was everyone a good boy or girl. Probably not, I know the type of people reading my blog and you are all naughty most of the time, at least from what I hear from you. Those people I don’t know that read my blog, you are probably a good egg. BE AWARE: don’t get under the influence of a naughty person, it can lead to a whole lot of trouble. So I am going to admit the holidays were very anxiety provoking this year. I have a lot of issues with my mum that are not resolved and I cannot begin to give an eta as to when they will be. Even though I was glad she was going away, Christmas was different because she wasn’t there, (it’s an only child thing, some of you may not get it). My dad and I have been have a good time though. I have made sure that there is a large supply of good food, baking especially. Christmas dinner went fabu, and my Yorkshire puddings turned out the best ever. I think I have found the secret to making them. I have basically been doing a lot of relaxing, listening to music, watching movies, and reading. I finally got around to watching a movie I bought a longtime ago and will be giving the review right now.

MOVIE REVIEW – Miami Vice

Well I must start off by saying that if you think Colin Farrell is a sex pot, definitely rent this movie. His hair is a bit cheesy but it’s sexy in his own way (it’s long in the back, not really short in the front, all the party is in the back!). Jamie Foxx doesn’t look to bad either but I have mentioned in a previous blog about the Willie Beamen commercial I always picture him in. There was a lot of guns, sex, cars, and drugs in the movie. I would rate them in that order too. The women that the 2 leading men ended up falling in love with were amazingly beautiful. I couldn’t get over how if they wore a paper bag (which they didn’t in the movie) how hot they would make that bag look. KUDOS to the leading men for getting hot co stars. The story line was kind of boring and regular but there was plenty to keep your attention focused on the movie. I would say it was a great movie for any Colin Farrell loving female. Guys would like the guns and cars part. Overall though, it was a pretty general, nothing too fabu about it movie.

MOVIE REVIEW – My Super Ex-Girlfriend

Now I wasn’t sure why but Luke Wilson looked extremely heavy in the face in this movie. Maybe they were trying to get the average guy look out of him, but that doesn’t mean you have to plump him up. Uma Thurman, what can I say, I am not a big fan of hers, her face is very manly I guess I would say, but in this movie she blew me away. She was hot as hell. The wardrobe they gave her as her superhero outfit was amazing and couldn’t be any more fitting. The movie is supposed to be extremely funny and this and that. Well sorry folks, the movie was only OK. There were a few really funny parts but not as many as there should be. The characters didn’t go together as well as I would have liked either which I found a bit irritating. Another thing that bothered me was a co star was the lead girl from all the “SCARY MOVIE”s and I really just don’t like her. She seems as dumb in every movie as she was in JUST FRIENDS (with Ryan Reynolds). Overall I wasn’t that fond of the movie, wouldn’t recommend for people to buy it, that’s for sure.

MOVIE REVIEW – Cheaper By the Dozen 2

This movie I was watching with my dad (unfortunately, he fell asleep and didn’t watch hardly any of it). This is a great family movie or even a regular person movie. It is packed with laughs because well Steve Martin and Eugene Levy are the leading characters. They are a very funny combo, rent BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE to see what I mean. Carmen Electra makes her first appearance as a parent which is a very strange roll for her but she plays what seems to be her free loving self. Some of the clothes she wears are not very PARENTLY but hey she’s got an amazing body, to cover up would be a shame for most watchers. This movie is so funny I found my self laughing out loud (the big belly laughs) so much that it was starting to hurt. The ending is nice too because it expresses the true meaning of family to the viewers. KUDOS to the characters of Gunner (the Baker family dog) and Chiseler (the rat at the cottage), they were some of the most funny animal co stars in a movie in a long time. One of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time and I really enjoyed it too. Although, Hilary Duff is a bit of a make up twit and stuff, she is the only character that I would really get rid of if I had the choice. Overall good movie, very funny and down to earth, I laughed my ass off!

No comments: