Saturday, December 23, 2006


Dear reader, I have not been a very good author for you in the last little while. I have neglected to write to you because yet again, I have moved houses and I am now back at my dad’s house. My mum and I weren’t getting along and it really wasn’t a good scene. I have been busy with the hustle and bustle of Christmas as well, which I am sure you have too (hopefully I can use the holiday busy-ness to get me out of complaints and trouble). I will bring you up to speed on a bunch of things though, as long as I can remember them. First I will put a question out to you:

The actor Rob Lowe has been in numerous films and tv shows, ex. St. Elmos Fire, The West Wing, etc. I was pondering today what possessed him to be in the film Wayne’s World, when most of the work he had done was of a more serious nature. (He was good in Wayne’s World, I’m just left wondering….WHY????)

I finally got the infamous Christmas shopping fully completed yesterday. Some good things: I only gave presents to people I thought were important, I did not make myself go bankrupt buying presents, I tried to use my brain when giving presents to people instead of just getting them some piece of junk they will throw out in a few days, I used new and inventive ways of shopping, and even better, I have plenty of money left over to start saving for next year.

Today my mum left to spend Christmas with her sister’s family and her mum is Peace River, Alberta. It’s just me and my pa for Christmas. He has booked 10 days off to help out and take a bit of a break as well. We have planned a few little jobs/outings to do while he is on break. One I am really looking forward to is going to the Toronto Zoo. Even though the African Pavilion will not be active, there will still be lots of animals that we will be able to see. I LOVE THE ZOO, it’s definitely one of my favourite places ever. Dad and I plan to have our traditional dinner of Roast Beef, potatoes, parsnips and Yorkshire Pudding on Christmas. I am looking forward to the feast already. I also plan to bake a variety of desserts so there will be lots of selection on the sweeter side of things.

Movie Review – The Devil Wears Prada

This movie, if anything, I found really quite disappointing. Anne Hathaway, Merryl Streep, Stanley Tucci and Adrien Garnier did not impress me at all. Gisele Bundchen had as small bit part but she was kind of not good either. The movie depicted the way the fashion world is to a T, which was nice to see. It really is a dog eat dog world and I don’t think people understand how bad it can really get. Anne Hathaway and Adrien Garnier did not have any likeable chemistry together, even though they were dating within the movie. Merryl Streep did a fabulous job of playing a complete and utter bitch. I can’t remember seeing a movie where she played a total mean hag, but on this one she nailed it. Stanley Tucci’s character was very different for what you are used to seeing him play. Usually he either has a really serious role (like the tv show 3 lbs.) or he is in a villainous sort of role. Seeing him play an eccentric designer fashionista was very interesting to say the least. The main thing I took away from the movie is that a regular plain jane can be hired into the fashion world and completely transformed just to suit the industry, she gets the un-nice traits as well, ie. stepping on people to get where she is going. The one thing I really did like about the movie was the fashion and such. It was almost a weird version of America’s Next Top Model, I kept waiting to see a sneak appearance by Janice Dickinson, and alas I was let down.

Movie Review – STEP UP

Now this movie isn’t really an actual review because I saw it in theatres and I bought it just recently but I figured I would talk about it since I have neglected you for so long. The movie falls into the dance category and if you know me at all, I love dancing movies. This also was a romance flick but the lead characters weren’t too horrible to look at so it was nice to see 2 hollywood people (Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan)falling in love, in a not real scenario. If I think about it now, it sort of resembles save the last dance but not exactly. The dancing I must say was very awesome and eye catching though.

I finished reading James Patterson’s “Mary, Mary” book. I usually don’t review his books because they all are sort of the same, unless it is one that is totally different from his style. I wasn’t too keen on the ending of the book, but the beginning and the middle were really good. If you like his style you might like the book, his style for those that don’t know is murder, mystery, fiction.

I can’t really think of what else to tell you dear reader, I am at a loss for words. I know that when I move my computer back to my dad’s house there will be more postings and such. My cows, dad thinks, are both pregnant which is a nice thing to hear. We are hoping for girls so that we are able to build our foundation stock of cattle. If we get 2 little boys though it will still be a pleasant surprise. Dad says the babies are about the size of a soft ball, but they have legs, a head and everything. We are expecting the babies to be born around November next year, I am already looking forward to it.

I am going to wish all my readers a wonderful Christmas, or whatever it is you may celebrate. Hopefully, you get all the presents you want and you eat till your heart or belly is content. Season’s greetings !!!

No comments: