Monday, April 6, 2009

Dear Mother Nature.....

Dear Reader,

Since we have had yet again, another dumping of snow I thought it might be wise to write a little note to mother nature. This is what it would say:

Dear Mother Nature,

Why do you feel it is necessary to continually dump snow on us? Yes, I realize not many people are doing their part to make it a green planet and certain areas of your planet are in dire need of assistance but is it really necessary to punish everyone. The government is trying to make the population cut back on the amount of garbage that is taken by making garbage collection every 2 weeks with a 4 bag maximum. You will be happy to know though that they have also made it green bin and recycle collection every week.

I speak for myself when I say this: I hate the cold and it is not pleasant for me. My favourite times of year are spring and fall. I don't like the extreme heat either but I understand that you have no choice with the depletion of your ozone layers. I apologize for any wrong doing I have done that may have offended you. I am going to make an effort to conserve more and recycle more but I will let you know now, there is only so much that one person, me, can do. I can do my part and chip in but the rest of the population is not my responsibility and I have no control over how they act.

Please bring back the nice weather that was a little bit cold but there was NO snow on the ground. We were working our way into what could have been a nice spring and then you snowed on us yet again. I post this letter on my blog so that my readers can understand and I can send a message to them to do their part, in the end though, it's their choice. So I have spread the word and kindly asked for you to be generous when thinking about giving us our spring back. It would be a wonderful gesture on your part.

Regards,
Sarah Gall

No comments: