Friday, May 1, 2009

What Matters To You?

Dear Reader,

It has been a while but there have been a few things that have sparked my interest to write this post to you. A very dear friend of mine, recently lost her mum. I feel for her and when I heard the news I was brought to tears. Her mum will not get to see her first born child or her brother's second child. This got me thinking about our time here on the planet. Some of us are here for a long time, a friend of my parents, her mother passed away at the age of 88. She had a long life and it was well lived. My friend's mum was only the age of 54, this hits close to home for me because my mum is going to be 57 in July. I can only imagine what my friend thought and felt as she watched her mum decline so rapidly. Not only is she pregnant and having to keep on top of that but she also had to deal with a matter that would break most people's hearts. She's sad and wishes her mum could be there but she knows she isn't suffering anymore and considers that a blessing. I put my heart out to both my friend and her mother.

At this point in writing this post I want to take a moment and I would like you to do the same. I want you to think about your time here. Have you accomplished what you wanted to this point? Do you still have goals and dreams that you are working and aspiring to? Have you made amends with those you had problems with? Have you gotten rid of any feelings of hatred? Do you know who you would miss the most, and why? What would you say to those people?

I know that there have been many accomplishments in my life to this point and I am still trying to reach other goals that I have set for myself. I know that I am at peace with my parents and that we have a good relationship and that we can talk about a variety of things. I know that as a writer, I am constantly trying to work and find new avenues to release and create my work. There are a few people that I have not made amends with but I can say that I tried and did all that I could. I have accepted responsibility for destroying particular relationships and then trying to make amends and apologizing for such poor behaviour. I have hatred within but each day if I can try and get rid of a modicum of it maybe there will be none one day. I would miss my parents and best friends. The people I can bear my soul to, the people that know the real me, through the good and the bad. I know that I would be reunited with my precious Phildog and that would mean the world to me.

Those are the things that matter to me right now!

No comments: