Sunday, May 10, 2009

Who Am I? Then, Who Are You?

Dear Reader,

I was at an interview on May 6, Wednesday, and the interviewer asked me WHO IS SARAH GALL?

I proceeded to name off things I do : teach riding lessons, an aspiring writer, a hard worker, etc.
Now that I have had some time to think of it though, at the age of 25 that is a silly question to ask because who really knows who they are. I can list off things that I do but I am constantly changing and that cannot give me an idea to pinpoint who I am. One must consider what the person asking the question is looking for within the answer....maybe adjectives, descriptors, verbs. In the English language there are so many ways to interpret such a simple phrase.

So I am going to try and complete the exerise once again but in a different, more encompassing manner:

I am a 25 year old female, who lives by herself, and is single.

I have 2 cats that reside in my apartment with me and I enjoy their company very much. Their names are Abby and Zoe.

I have a curvy figure that i tend to like and dislike at the best of times.

I am an only child, born to two loving parents that are special in their own ways. In each of my parents there are qualities that I one day want to acheive within my being.

I am the co-owner of a horse farm, which is home to horses, cows, a donkey, cats, and a dog.

I am : passionate, compassionate, thorough, witty, humourous, empathetic, goal driven, bodacious, vivacious, vuluptuous, aggressive, passive, sexual, sensual, creative, happy, comfortable, content, visual, adaptive, capable, loveable, a dreamer, a good writer, friendly, an entertainment buff.

There are so many more words that I would like to add but as I sit here pondering how to encapsulate an answer in a mere blog post I am at a loss for words. I want to convey that I am fluent in the English language and that I am always reading and attempting to broaden my vocabulary as well as my educational values. In many ways I want to be different then the average Joe, or Josephine in my case. I don't want to be described with one or two words, I want to be indescribable sometimes. I want to invisible when necessary. I want to be honoured when the time has come. I want to be accredited for my accomplishments.

I've tried to explain who I am, so who are you?

No comments: