Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tat Tales......Of Woe and Not So Woe

So i was browsing around on youtube and i found some interesting stuff. I was looking at peircings and tattoos. This post might not be for the faint of heart so if certain things make you sick, I'm sorry! I found this subject really interesting.

EYEBALL TATTOOING

For those of us who want the white part of our eyeball to be a different colour, such as black, red or blue, this is for you. I watched the procedure on Youtube and it's quite intense. A person has their eyeball held open and then someone VERY CAREFULLY inserts a needle with ink and gently puts a little bit of colour on the area underneath the surface. As a person blinks the dye/ink is spread around by itself. This form of tattooing is highly dangerous and one slip with the needle could leave the person getting the tattoo blind. The technical name for eyeball tattooing is CORNEAL TATTOOING. Dangers associated with this procedure are blood vessels, perforation, hemorrhaging or infection. A man in Toronto was one of the first people to have this done and it took up to 40 injections to get his cornea the colour he wanted and for the white to be completely covered.





My Take – Wow! Some people are really ramping up the body modifications. I'm not sure what look people are trying to convey by doing this but different is sure it. Seeing people with different coloured corneas would make you look twice at a person. Maybe they want to be different or they have personal motives that are driving them to such enhancements. All i know is that i would never undergo this procedure. The fact that someone would have to hold my eyeball open so that it would be ready to receive a needle several times gives me the willies. Not something that i will ever see myself doing. The dangers are enough to scare me permanently as well as drive me away from even considering this minute figment of someone else's imagination. For those that are considering this, i'm not knocking it i'm just saying Holy shit you're brave!

LASER TATTOO REMOVAL

This is a procedure people get when they want to get rid of a tattoo for many reasons. The procedure sounds very creepy. It's like a klacker constantly going off and crazy speeds. This procedure says that it can get rid of any tattoo in any colour of ink. The light from the laser breaks down the tattoo particles into smaller sizes so that the body can emit them. It is suggested that there is little risk of scarring or damage. The sensation is compared to that of a quick snap by a rubber band.




My Take – Ouch! The sound of burning my skin off just to remove a past mistake is as likely as me getting my eyeball tattoo'd. Reading suggests that this isn't supposed to hurt but most people getting it done are using numbing creme and grimacing like the area that is getting done is going to fall off. For those that have big tattoos that they want removed it's going to take more then 1 session for it to be fully gone. Ya right....... going back every 6-8 weeks multiple times does not sound like pleasure. I can understand that it provides a person a second chance or a restart. It takes away the past. People are made to wear goofy glasses to protect their eyes but it's more like the doctor really wants to make them look like an ass so that they remember not to get a tattoo they will regret. Cruel and unusual punishment some might say.

So this is what i spent my time looking up this afternoon and informing myself about. It was interesting but scary. As much as i may dislike a tattoo i would never get it removed. I love all my tattoos but one. It's a little dark and doesn't look like what i wanted it but that's my fault not the tattoo artists. Some people say that it looks like a pentagram (which is a sign of witches). My reasoning for getting it was i wanted it to match my one anklet tattoo and also have a star in it. My friend said that if i was going to be in her wedding that i would have to get a special creme to cover it up because she would not that in her wedding pictures. Originally i said yes i would agree to it but then i thought about it. It doesn't bother me much at all. It's there but i don't notice it anymore because i have had it so long. Then i started to think that if said friend didn't like any of my tats would she want me to cover them all up. Alas the wedding fell through. I decided that if she was going to want me to wear this cover up creme that she was going to buy it because i don't care about it that much and if it bothered her so much then that was fine. It was a thing of my sporadic/impulsive past. Sure it doesn't look like what i wanted but it could definitely be a lot worse. The one thing about each and every one of my tattoos is that they remind me of a story or a time in my life. All tattoos should have a reason or story. Something that when you look at them speaks you as their canvas that they have decorated. Art has many meanings to people. That's the best part is that it's private and personal, yet creative and wonderful......ah the life of a tattoo!

No comments: