Friday, August 19, 2011

GIMPY-FIED = A WARY BRAIN

I APOLOGIZE BEFORE I EVEN START BC I CANNOT TYPE PROPERLY AS IT IS ONLY WITH ONE HAND. THERE MAY BE SOME GRAMMATICAL ERRORS AS WELL AS SOME CONSTRUCTUAL ERRORS BUT I'M DOING THE BEST WITH WHAT I'VE GOT.

Situation-

i was at work when i fell in the playground. I heard/ felt a snap in my right ankle. I thought that i would be alright and that i just needed to take my time getting up. As i tried to get up things went hazy and i passed out. I woke up wondering where i was and soon came to the realization that i had fallen at work. The 911 services were called and some firemen and the ambulance arrived. I was put in a temporary leg splint and wrist splint and i was ferried away to the nearest hospital, which happens to be 5 – 10 minutes from work.

Mental situation -

at the time of the incident all i could think of was “wow, you're such an idiot for doing this at work.” apologies flew out of my mouth faster then breaths. I was sorry about absolutely everything. You name it, i was sorry about it. I was worried that my job might fire me bc of the occurrence. I was afraid of how i looked. I was worried that the kids would be afraid of the people that would have to come help me. I wanted to be strong for the kids more then for myself. I was bombarded with negative judgements and put downs. Positivity was not an option. My brain was speeding out of control, thoughts progressing through faster and faster with no chance of slowing down.

Aftermath -

i have a sprained wrist which i believe is more then a sprain. I have a bone chip/fractured ankle. I have a splint on my wrist that cost $30 and a huge walking aircast on my ankle that cost $190. i have a prescription for pain meds that i only will take at night bc i don't want to be a zombie during the day. I am dependent on whoever is talking care of me. I can't hardly pull up my underwear and pants after going to the washroom. I don't walk i waddle. I personify what i would consider GIMPY-FIED. I am as useless as a fifth tit on a goat. I'm frustrated. I hate that i am dependent but i will do whatever it takes to keep going through this. I am not planning ahead to next week or the week after, i am trying to just get through today. Then, when i lay my head down to sleep, i go to never never land and i get up the next morning to do it all again. I hope that from some of the things i learned the day before i can refine how i do certain things, ie. Putting clothing on, so that it is a little easier then before. I waste my days (so far 2.5 days) watching movies and majority of them are bad. I can't put my hair up on my own and my mum has been doing an awesome job of being my hair dresser. The good things are few and far between but when they're there they make a giant difference. A delicious bowl of whole wheat white cheddar mac & cheese is comforting like a warm blanket. My cat, Zoe, watches over me at night when i sleep. I fall asleep petting her giving myself a different type of therapy. My other cat, Abby, is complete sass giving me dirty looks and avoiding being outside. She makes me chuckle a little bit. for live entertainment, she's pretty boring but it's the small things she does that bring a smile to my face. My mum brushing my hair gives me a touch of peace, just like listening to a waterfall. The coolness of a sip of water takes any sign of parching away. The words of my therapist “it is what it is” are a constant mantra to keep me from beating myself up with berating thoughts and ideas. The hum of the air conditioner and computer keep me grounded. My eyes are heavy and my body is week but not ready for the calm of sleep.

STATEMENT OF FACT: THERE ARE 2 THINGS IN LIFE THAT WILL NEVER LET ME DOWN. MY MUM AND MY BLOG. BOTH OFFER MY TROUBLED MIND SANCTUARY IN TROUBLED TIMES. THANKS FOR BEING THERE CONSTANTLY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are welcome.

day at a time for the best recovery. its always slow. But eventually you can look back and realize how far you have come from the "early days"