Sunday, November 25, 2012

Guilty Wives

Guilty WivesGuilty Wives by James Patterson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

James Patterson books are usually the same, once you have read one or two you will find a newer novel with the same plot line. I found that Guilty Wives was written how James Patterson used to write when he wrote his first few novels, such as Kiss the Girls and Along Came A Spider. This book was like that old style but it was more elaborate and gripping. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was refreshing to see a strong female character like Abbie Elliot in the lead because she truly believed she was innocent and wasn't going to roll over for lighter sentencing. I loved the descriptions of the settings in Monte Carlo and also the French prison. I would consider the descriptions some of Patterson's best work to this day. Usually Patterson's books are an easy read that you don't really have to pay much attention to, but this book broke the mold. It was still an easy read but at the same time the story was very gripping and kept you wanting to find out what was going to happen. Excellent job on Patterson's part. I plan on continuing to be a James Patterson follower, I just hope he writes more books in this style.

View all my reviews

No comments: