Wednesday, December 5, 2012

LA Candy

L.A. Candy (L.A. Candy, #1)L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really am a fan of Lauren Conrad and I have been wanting read her books for the longest time. So I finally got up the courage to purchase one and give it a try. This series from what I noticed pretty much resembles Lauren's life and friends that were on the hit MTV show THE HILLS. I really enjoyed the Hills so I also really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read and a good little page turner. The book would have gotten 5 stars but the first 65 pages Conrad over uses brackets and the descriptions in the brackets. It is a little frustrating and it's almost as if she wants to supply the reader with detail they may not know. Having watched the HILLS avidly I know that if a character is wearing a red shirt it most likely is made of a decent fabric, maybe quite possibly silk. So telling me in brackets that the shirt was made of (silk) was a little bit irritating. Thoroughly enjoyed the story line and most likely will buy the next one in the series as I am curious to see what happens. Great job LC, you have proved you are more then just tv talent. You're an actress, author, and fashion designer. Nice triple threat combo I might add.

View all my reviews

No comments: