Thursday, February 14, 2013

Percy Jackson & the Olympians #1 The Lightning Thief

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Since I enjoyed the movie so much I decided to try reading the book. It actually is part of a series which I bought and will read as well. As usual the book was ten times better then the movie and in a very strange way it was totally different. If the movie was exactly like the book was written I think it probably would have done better then it did (and it was fairly successful to begin with). Since the book was so radically different I enjoyed it even more because I went into reading it with an idea of what to expect and then it was so different. It was exciting to read and I have already started on the second book in the series. Growing up as a child I truly loved learning about Greek and Roman mythology, so this book definitely takes me back to my childhood. It was a nice light read and very interesting.

View all my reviews

No comments: