Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Home For Rose

A Home for Rose: How My Life Turned Upside Down for the Love of a DogA Home for Rose: How My Life Turned Upside Down for the Love of a Dog by Jon Katz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When Jon Katz writes about his dogs he gets you right from the start. This particular book is a collection of stories about how life is on Bedlam Farm and how Rosie is a sheep herding force at such young age, a prodigy almost. Devon, who is renamed Orson, from his famed book A Dog Year, and one of my personal favourites. Homer, who is a loner compared to Orson and Rose, he just doesn't fit in at Bedlam and it frustrates Jon as to why this is so. And the infamous Rose who has so many fabulous qualities, it was really interesting to hear her stories in this book. She can be a herding tyrant but a loving a nurturing soul with the newborn lambs, it was really quite touching. Jon Katz books are like pick me ups or books that you read when you need something that is a light read but that you know is going to be good. I enjoy them every time and can guarantee that are always great.

View all my reviews

No comments: