Saturday, September 26, 2015

Girl In Need of A Tourniquet

Girl in Need of a Tourniquet: Memoir of a Borderline PersonalityGirl in Need of a Tourniquet: Memoir of a Borderline Personality by Merri Lisa Johnson
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I thought this BPD memoir would be a good way of looking at relationships and maybe give some incite and relative information as to why I have some of the problems I do with relationships but it fell wayyyyy short. The style of this book is written in a bizarre point form that when the author uses a line or 2 or 3 she is moving onto a different topic. She bounces around from idea to idea which is very much like the thought process of a person with BPD at certain times. 2 relevant pieces of information were the 3 categories from the Strange Situation and the 2 dimensional model of interpersonal style. Those I found, I could the information and relate it directly back to myself and see how I fit and where I belonged on the scale.

The book was very confusing to read, and was not a useful or helpful BPD memoir in my opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments: