Monday, November 20, 2006

My Blister Bubble Burst Badly!!!

Well dear reader, I will tell you my story from the start so you don’t get confused about the ‘blister bursting’ title line. Yesterday I was making some treats for a friend of mine. I used a pot with water and a metal bowl to create a double boiler. I was supposed to be melting caramel and peanut butter at a LOW heat, but silly me I thought if I turned the heat up, I would be able to make it melt faster. Mum kept turning the heat down and stupid me, I would go and turn it back up again thinking “Silly mum, I want this to come together quickly.” Silly me though, something happened, mum proposes that a vacuum was created by the metal bowl on top or something, but the pot with the boiling water exploded and I got boiling water on the stomach, left hand and right arm. My arm and hand aren’t doing too terribly, but my stomach it is an absolute mess. I was beginning to think that I was going to end up with a Quasi Modo stomach it was so blistered. Well me being a picker, I couldn’t help but playing with this extremely large blister bubble. Well this aft. it finally had had enough and burst spewing clear liquid all over. I was trying to dab up the spew when I noticed that as I was wiping up the liquid my skin was actually wiping off too. So now I have a large spot that is red like a lobster with not developed but severely injured skin showing. I decided to be smart and use the bandaging tools that mamma bought me and slathered up with Polysporin (one of the world’s best ever creams made) and then put together a bandage of 2 large gauze pads together with some surgical tape. There was no duct tape involved but I am pretty pleased with the bandaging job that I had to do, and all by myself too, WHAT A BIG GIRL I AM!!!!!

Next topic: Da Vinci Code (the movie).
I have read the book and I don’t plan on giving the ending away or anything but I thought it was done amazingly well. One of the best book to movie translations yet. Although the main character is Tom Hanks (who I dislike with a passion), he actually did a great job of playing the main character Robert Langdon. The cast was quite stellar; several big name stars were involved, Hanks himself being one, Paul Bettany, Sir Ian McKellen, and another fav. of mine Jean Reno. Of course I’m sure Ron Howard was able to convince them to be in the fabu movie for a reasonable price. I don’t like that Ron Howard directed the film because he is great friends with Hanks and therefore the duo had already made their team, if you will. The movie is a bit religious but it’s not overpowering, it actually investigates the mystery behind some certain religious items and objects. I actually have to say it was a lot better then I thought it would ever be, when in comparison to the book.

I will be giving a book review for the book I am reading shortly because I am almost done reading it. It’s title: The Sexual Life of Catherine M. by Catherine Millet. I won’t go into any detail about it right now but I did give the title so browse for it if you think it sounds interesting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey sarah, long time no talk. hope things are good. message me sometime we can do lunch.