Saturday, October 4, 2008

NEXT.....

Dear Reader,




Sometimes when words escape you nothing says it better then song. My friend wrote a recent post where she only used song lyrics to describe what is going on in her life.








I find that song helps me through a lot. When I want to rant I listen to some hard ass stuff. When I want to find comfort and solace I listen to music that is mellow and makes me ponder about many things. When I am in a good mood and just want to boogie, then the dance hall and club stuff comes out.




Whether it be James Taylor, Nas, Nellie McKay, Sarah McLachlan or Hedley they all have a story to tell. Each story is different from the last and certainly the next. Although certain parts of the song may ring true with you and may instigate some wonderful ideas they are someone else's ideas. These ideas make you spark your own ideas to write, create, or be your own new enigma. The power of song is something that not one single person could describe and it be the same for everyone else.




NEXT....




I am trying to eat healthy. I was given the challenge of eating one live food a day. For the first 2 weeks it went really well. I was trying different foods: yogurt, stir frys, veggies, fruit. Then I had to do a week of healthy carbs. I found that when I was eating the live foods I was more energized, able to go longer without a nap, overall feeling better. When I went with my week of carbs I did slow down a little bit and felt I craved that nap more then the last 2 weeks. I fell off the wagon and haven't been eating the greatest but come Monday back on the healthy stuff I go. It did a lot for me and even helped me lose a bit of weight. Everyone is really proud of me and being supportive for me to continue on this kick. Thanks guys!




NEXT...




I have a job. I met an old boss on the golf course last week and he said to give him a call regarding work if I was looking. Well being jobless gets tiring, so I did give him a call. I wanted to start supporting myself more and have a better income. Needless to say I started work on October 2 and am doing well. It's part time for now but I hope to eventually graduate to full time.




NEXT...




I sit here watching my two cats, Abby and Zoe. With the weather change they have been acting a little fritzy and doing some odd things. The batting matches are more frequent and since it's been so cold the patio door has been closed, so no outside time. I think the kitties miss their outside time, but I am not willing to freeze myself out of my own apartment just to please two spoiled felines. Yes, they may be my babies and my company but it's not happening. If there are a few nice days left then ok, the patio door will be open and they can seek refuge on the furniture. My cats are funny. They never used to get along. Abby lived here first before Zoe, but when Zoe arrived she thought it was her palace and Abby was an intruder. Well the tables have turned an now they are great friends. They play, share meals, and even beds. I'm glad there isn't 2 pissy females aside from me in my house because that would make life all that much harder.




NEXT....




I must make a quick mention about the Hills. When it first started I was really thinking that this season was going to be the worst season to date. Man was I ever wrong. They just needed to get their engines rev'd so that they could let the drama fly. The last few shows have been totally fantastic and have been drama packed, therefore making it the bees knees. There's the usual Spencer and Heidi conflicts, Lo and Audrina are now getting along, Lauren thinks she wants to date someone she's already dated (hopefully it's Brody...fingers crossed), Stephanie has betrayed Lauren, Whitney is a star at People's Revolution and the new guy Doug, well lets just say he's trying to get his from Stephanie behind Lauren's back and has been CAUGHT! So let's go back to singing, “The hills are alive with the sound of bickering and yelling.....”

No comments: