Sunday, February 8, 2009

EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE

Dear Reader,

My progress on the name jar for my dad was good till this weekend and then $5 went in the pot. At least I was faithful about contributing when I called dad a bad name. My mum suggested that I carry it on until I can go a week without calling dad a bad name. The fact that I didn't really see dad helped and a few phone calls is not exactly like seeing him in person.
Sadly dear reader, I didn't receive any reports of suspicious activity which was a shame. I would have liked to hear what you guys considered funky junky.

This week's task:

EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE: THIS WEEK, FIND OUT WHAT IT IS

Go up to people and ask them how much they would require to part with their much-prized possessions, there and then. Here is a rough guide to the going rates:

Selling you their unfinished coffee:$9.04

Selling you their left sock:$16.28

Selling you a mouthful of their three course lunch:$10.85

Selling you the book their reading, book price +:$18.09

Selling you their pet:$2170.74

Selling you their umbrella in a downpour:$63.34

Selling you their place in the queue:$27.14

Selling you their soul:Negotiable

In some respects I find these prices quite exorbitant but in some ways these prices seem quite understandable.

My thoughts:

I would sell my soul for a decent price. I would be more then negotiable.

I would gladly give my left sock away because it's less laundry, and it probably stinks.

I would never give my unfinished coffee away because that's how germs spread, and most likely
I would like to finish it, add to my caffeine consumption for the day

I would never sell my book, especially the one I am reading unless it was really shitty, otherwise I would keep it and hoard it like I do with all the rest of my books.

I would gladly sell my umbrella in a downpour because Singing in the Rain was a great film, so maybe I could achieve some star status!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dear Reader,

I did some recon and found out what my mum would sell things for. This is kinda pathetic because she would give everything away instead of sell it. Oh well, are mum's answers:

Last glass of wine – give it away

Simon (her cat) – no sale

Favourite pair of shoes – give it away

Vehicle (durango, MY BABY GREENER) – would drive it off a cliff!

Her soul – no sale

ME, her daughter – No sale, but i would definitely sell myself!