Sunday, February 1, 2009

USE A PERSON'S REAL NAME or REPORT SUSPICOUS ACTIVITY

Dear Reader,

I have choosen a tough task for us this week. It's called, USE A PERSON'S REAL NAME. This task did not come from the book but I will add task from the book if you like. I personally think this is a great task. The point of this task is to pick one person, and make an effort to call them by their name instead mean things.

Ex.

I regularly call my dad Stupid, Dumbass, Idiot, etc. For everytime I call him a mean name I am to put a $1 in the name jar.

The idea comes from the well known swear jar, but I have tailored it to suit a different purpose. Once you have completed an entire week you are to give the person that the name jar is for the monies that have collected by your mess ups. This also works well if you tell the person that you are doing this task, the down side to that is they may try to egg you on to using the regular BAD names for them, but that makes the task more challenging.

If you do not like the above task here is the alternative from the book.

FIND SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY AND REPORT IT

We must be vigilant in the face of the terrorist threat. As the (UK) police suggest, “Where there's unusual activity that doesn't fit normal day-to-day life, we need to know.” -a broad call to action if ever there was one. Still, citizens must do their duty “if you suspect it, report it.”

Please leave your report of suspicious activity as a comment to the blog/post and it will be duely noted in my records.

Examples of suspicious activity:

“Mary at 29A hasn't put her recycling box out this week”

“There's a chap outside my house who's been tying his shoelaces for 2 whole minutes.”

“This bald man in local grocery just bought a three-pack of shampoo.”

“The Johnson's have bought fertilizer and it's not even planting season.”

“A dark brown 4x4 has just driven past the train station 3 times.”

“My colleague always puts down the phone when I walk in.”

“The curtains at #98 are always closed in the afternoon”

“How can that ghastly family afford such a bigger house then ours?”

Some of my reports (to start the week off with a bang)

A) There's a constant knocking sound coming from the apartment below (are they trying to let me know they are doing something mischeivous).

B) Someone always leaves the parking garage door unlocked (intruders could enter the building)

C) My cats freak out in the middle of the night, what causes this? (maybe they are under some
spell)

D) Particular neighbours always want to talk to me, when I really have nothing to say to them. (what information are they trying to extort or get out of me)

E) People randomly throw garbage my apartment buildings' and work buildings' dumpsters (is there something in the garbage that needs to be hidden)

F) Runners...they are always listening to something when running and appear in the zone (what are they listening to...instructions from the Master Runner and what zone are they locked into, one from Mars?)

No comments: