Monday, February 22, 2010

Things That Go Bump or Thud or Crash in the Night

A real, live Gecko that skitters the walls of the corridor at night. They blend in, or are cammoflaged. They are small and cute though. I haven't touched one which is probably a good thing!
Me dressed up! At Casanova's for dinner with our balcony table.

Me at the Pirate Caves, which is the closest thing to a local zoo. Bob is the name of the parrot sitting on my arm and he was very well behaved...thank god, because i am not the most comfortable with birds.


Bonding with my RaceCar!



My RaceCar
So last night i was in my sleeping area passed right out. I was having crazy dreams and I happened to kick the wall. The wall in the apartment is partially sanded stucco. So i woke up because i felt a really severe pain, and found that i had cut the pad right off my big toe and it had started to hemorrage all over the duvet (which i am taking to the cleaners today) and the fitted sheet (which i put in a cold water wash asap). Then because the washer sounds like a clunky demon it woke up my friend and i had to account for the sillyness which went on. That's ok it's a funny story. In my dream i was sitting in the dirt giving a lesson and this particular horse that i knew in the past trotted by and attempted to kick me. So me doing what i would do in real life, tried to kick it back and then the wall bit my toe. It's quite painful and i have to be careful walking so that i don't injure it anymore. I have a double band aid as well as a sock for protection. This just proves that things that go bump or "crash" (in my case) in the night are not a good thing.... the crazy life of Sg!

Yesterday was a wonderful day of pampering Caymanian style, but i'm not going to lie i already have been pampered on the thursday of last week because that time i had a massage that was just to die for. The girl worked me out so well that i felt like a piece of fluff. I was very impressed and told the owner of the salon so. I even said it was better then my experience at the Ritz and for a major affordable price.

The weather has been overcast which is a bit poopy but i still love it here. I like driving my little race car around the island. It's small and convenient and of course FAB. I was originally going to name it Herb after the Herbie movies but you can't really name a rental car so i just call it my little race car.

Last night we went out for dinner to Prime, which is a Brazilian Steak house. I went there last time that i was here but it was really nice this time and beat how fab it was compared to last. The lamb was incredible and i tried some suckling pig and couldn't get over how much i liked it because i am not a big fan of pig. We had our own little table in a secluded area and it was so private and nice. I like being treated like a princess! (Anyone who knows me knows that!). The night before we went to a restaurant called Casanovas and it was a REAL Italian restaurant. The food was awesome and we sat outside and had the roll of the waves serenade us over dinner. I made a toast to my friend showing my appreciation and love and i almost cried but i didn't!

We have been total movie hounds. We've seen: Edge of Darkness, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, The Fourth Kind, Valentine's Day, From Paris with Love. There is a trailer for the movie Green Zone which we have seen quite a few times and it looks amazing. Check it out if you can because it is sure to be a hit and it's from the director that created the Jason Bourne movies and Matt Damon is the lead character as well as having a great supporting cast. The movie Dear John looks fantastic as well, but we already knew that because i have read the book and i'm a sucker for Channing Tatum!

No comments: