Thursday, August 31, 2017

Faceless Killers

Faceless Killers (Kurt Wallander, #1)Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This book took forever to finish but I had to finish it because it was the only book in the library I could find that was set in Scandinavia, more specifically Sweden. To be honest (which as you know I always am), this book was a friggin' disaster. I'm glad I wasn't reading it out loud because I couldn't pronounce any of the town names or some of the characters names. This book was incredibly slow and it didn't seem like the ending was going to go anywhere but it did in the last few pages. The main character Kurt Wallander is a cop that is down and out, upset about his marriage falling apart and gets easily annoyed by his father who is having dementia issues. He is very bland, almost too bland. I imagined him being one of those people who constantly talks in a monotone voice. I think Mankell over dramatized the murder, his characters kept referring to it as a slaughter and really that wasn't the case, especially when compared to other books that I have read. Sure it was a murder scene but not a 'slaughter house'. The clues were few and far between and maybe that's why this book dragged on. I didn't get any enjoyment from this book and it put me to sleep most of the time. I don't really think it deserves a two so I will stick with a one star rating.




No comments: