Friday, June 29, 2018

Chocolat

Chocolat (Chocolat, #1)Chocolat by Joanne Harris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book deserves 5 stars for the descriptions alone. Everything is so detailed it's like you are a fly on the wall hanging out and listening and watching the characters. The food descriptions were high quality and made me feel warm and fuzzy. The items were made with such love that you could feel it exuding from the pages. I find the descriptions of the characters are very intense and they give you a perfectly clear picture of what that character is supposed to be like in looks and mannerisms. There is a lot of continuity issues if you are comparing the book and the movie. Things happen in the book in a different order and certain things happen that don't in the movie, ie. Pantoufle in the book is a rabbit and in the film he's a kangaroo. I prefer the kanga than the rabbit for Pantoufle as I can see him being a way cooler animal bopping around with Anouk. There were certain situations that were handled way better in the book than the the movie. I will say though, after reading both the book and the movie, there is a more well rounded picture of how things happen (Like Ted Chiang's The Story of Your Life and the movie Arrival dove tail completing the meaning and plot). I am currently looking in to other literature that will be doing this so that I can see if there are any books that have the connection like these two did. 5 Stars.... I feel like I haven't given that out in a very long time.


View all my reviews

No comments: