Friday, June 29, 2018

Long Hard Road Out of Hell

The Long Hard Road Out of HellThe Long Hard Road Out of Hell by Marilyn Manson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to say when reading this book it was like Marilyn Manson was telling all these stories directly to me. I realize that Neil Strauss is a co-author but it was a very personal way of writing the book. Sadly the book ends before Marilyn gets involved with Rose McGowan or my personal fav Dita Von Teese. There are a few sporadic pictures at the end but nothing with Dita. I would have liked to read about is marriage to Dita but I'm sure there is more than enough material to write another book. One thing that Marilyn included was the legal actions brought against him by various activists saying he was performing lewd contact/acts on stage, killing live animals and also brutalizing band members and women that were on stage (This is at the end of the book) AND in the beginning of the book he actually states what he did during those times that were speculated by the activists and the people complaining, concluding that they were making assumptions and using false information. I found the part about Satanism very fascinating as it is not really about worshipping the devil it's about making choices and that people choose their path (at least that's what I gathered from what I read). Marilyn Manson is extremely bright and probably on the level of being a genius. He is very creative and wants to make people think while using his craft in ways different than the cultural norms. The book was well written and I enjoyed reading every bit of it. I would give it a 4.5 but I'm going to give a solid 4 as I don't quite think it's a 5 star book.


View all my reviews

No comments: