Friday, June 29, 2018

Harvest

HarvestHarvest by Tess Gerritsen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book didn't disappoint BUT there is never a time when Tess Gerritsen disappoints. Her drama/ thriller/ mystery type of writing littered with medical jargon is a like gold. I love the jargon and if I don't know what it means (rarely) it's something to research and learn about. The gritty, bloody descriptions are my fav as Gerritsen doesn't let anything slip away or make it less gross. I live for gritty writing and that's probably one of my favourite things to read. I think this particular book would make a great idea for a film and I think it would do way better than the Rizzoli/Isles books. 5 Stars, can't go higher than that.

REVIEW FROM October 11, 2011
This book was absolutely fabulous. I was looking for something gritty when I went to the book store and the people were suggesting stuff BUT I decided to take this book. Then I started reading it and it was even better then what I had hoped for. For all those people who like their medical dramas, ie. ER, chicago hope, grey's anatomy, this book is 10 times better then those shows will ever be, even when they are in their peak air times. This book is down right dirty. Surgeons using words like 'cut' when opening somebody's body cavity during surgery, harvesting organs for transplants, medical jargon supreme. And another twist to this book, I didn't once figure out who was behind the crime, therefore making it even more fab! Tess Gerritsen hits this one out of the park and gives herself a chance at two home runs instead of the proverbial one. LOVED IT (even minute, every heart beat!)


View all my reviews

No comments: