Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Make the World Your Runway

Make the World Your Runway: Top Model Secrets for Everyday Confidence and SuccessMake the World Your Runway: Top Model Secrets for Everyday Confidence and Success by Liris Crosse
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was an excellent book. There was a ton of inspirational quotes and sayings (which I love because I am a word bird!). The foreword was written by Tim Gunn who is fantastic in my books, and from watching Project Runway, he seems like a mentor who looks at the positives and frames the negatives in a gentle way yet tries to get the point across that change needs to be made. This book is a solid 4 star book. It doesn't quite get a 5 because there is a lot of religious bits and I'm not religious so those parts didn't do anything for me. I have talked to Liris several times on Instagram and she's a delight to chat with. She makes herself available to respond to fans questions and ideas. Yes, I was waiting for the inspirational quote that was the Tyra “We were rooting for you” tirade but it wasn't there. Liris shares her experiences and things that a woman can do to be prepared for making yourself 'runway' ready, even when you are just going out in to the world. My favourite part of the book was when Liris shared her “Runway Tales”. These little stories were great from so many different perspectives. I have suggested to Liris that she just do an entire book about these stories as I am sure there is many more than the few in the book. I will be waiting to see if this happens and when it does I will be sure to order it.


View all my reviews

No comments: