Tuesday, June 11, 2019

You Can Stop Humming Now

You Can Stop Humming Now: A Doctor's Stories of Life, Death, and in BetweenYou Can Stop Humming Now: A Doctor's Stories of Life, Death, and in Between by Daniela Lamas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is in the medical genre but it's a compilation of stories that the author has put together. There are happy/sad/triumphant stories. I really liked how the whole book spanned over the author's residency and beginning years as a doctor. The medical field is an endless bunch of learning opportunities and I am a bit of a jargon junkie, so when I start hearing or reading medical terminology, I am in it to finish it. I think this book earns it's 5 stars and then a little bit of extra love on top. The author is down to earth, good bedside manner (from what she mentioned in the book) and she made a point of getting to know the people she was writing about. There was back story all the way up to end (whatever it was) of each story. I enjoyed the manner in which this book was written. This book was slightly reminiscent of When Breath Becomes Air.


View all my reviews

No comments: