Tuesday, June 11, 2019

The President Is Missing

The President Is MissingThe President Is Missing by Bill Clinton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

TBH – I had gotten over reading James Patterson unless I was looking for a book to fly through that was pretty predictable and I would be able to figure it out before it ended. There are very few JP books that I haven't solved prior to finishing them. This book had Bill Clinton as a co-author and I was looking for a book to fill the mystery component of my 52 book challenge (WHICH IS FINALLY FINISHED!) and this book was getting rave reviews so I wanted to see what all the hub bub was about.

Well the beginning of the book had me going, “All the stuff that this is discussing is happening in the US currently, do I really want to bombard myself with extra US drama?” BUT there was a turning point and from that point I couldn't put it down. I loved the characters and how brilliant they were. I loved the descriptions. The fact that JP pulled the whole story out over the course of 5 days and it wasn't annoying as hell was great. There was enough misleading to throw my guess of the villain off except for at the last minute. It was interesting to see how the different government officials were in crisis when the president was missing (I don't consider that a spoiler bc the title of the book says it). The one thing I was very curious about was – What did Bill Clinton actually do to contribute to the writing or fact checking (to make the story seem real)? I haven't read a Bill Clinton book but I CANNOT stand to listen to him talk. He rambles on and adds a lot of “Ums, buts, ifs, uhs, etc.” Either way, I am giving this book a solid 4 as I haven't read a JP book that was this good in a long time.


View all my reviews

No comments: