Sunday, April 8, 2007

Bitter Blog Post




Dear Reader, what are your thoughts on being turned down before even having the chance to showcase ALL your qualities? My thoughts are that it’s not fair because it’s like “throwing the present in the trash before you even open it”. Yeah I know that sounds a little harsh, but that’s how it feels. In Romeo and Juliet there’s the comment “What's in a name? that which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet;” I can sort of relate to this but lets switch it around to make it fit my situation, what’s in an age? In my mind nothing. I choose an older dating range for myself because I can relate to older people and there are things that I want that I may not be able to get satisfied by a younger person. To judge someone simply by age is not only unfair but also rude. You don’t really know a person until you have met them a few times. Then to cover it up and say that you want to be friends, when really you don’t ever want to hear from that person again is just plain not nice. Then if anything it leads the person on more then saying the truth “I don’t like you and I don’t want to hear from you”, it’s blunt but at least it’s true. The person on the receiving end (THAT WOULD BE ME) would be a little bit hurt, but it would be understandable and true so there would be no point in arguing. I will admit that I am a bit hurt because I have liked this person for quite sometime but this was like my second chance and I could really showcased myself and hopefully everything would have worked out perfectly. I’m a bit bitter, can’t ya tell!

No comments: