Saturday, April 14, 2007

Movies and Books same as Usual...

Dear reader, I am really glad that you are enjoying my quest to get interviews with celebrities, it’s challenging but also fun on my end, and I can tell you are enjoying it because there are a lot of hits on the blog everyday. If there is anyone in particular that you would like me to try and get an interview with, I am all open to suggestions and I will try my best to get one.

The purpose of this post is to give some movie reviews and then I also am going to give you a book review.

BOOK – Dispatches From The Edge : A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival –
Anderson Cooper

This booked touched me because it really brought me back to reality. It made me more aware of certain issues that were going on in the world that I only knew from the commercialized tv broadcasts or articles in the paper. The book covers the Tsunami, Iraq, Niger, and Hurricane Katrina, all incidents that happened in the same year. The stories that Cooper has been through and witnessed are horrific, but even using that word doesn’t seem to cover some of the travesties he has witnessed. The devastation in each place he talked about had it’s own category of how bad it was because they were all so different. Tsunami – dead bodies floating everywhere and people rummaging through piles of rubble to find lost family members that were dead. Iraq – never knowing whether you were safe from sniper attack, which was constantly going on, never knowing if your building was going to be blown up or not. Niger – people that are starving to death and the rebels are stealing the food to try and make money from the people even though they have no money to give them. Hurricane Katrina – bodies being tied to stop sign posts, many people weren’t evacuated when there was a plan of action in place because somebody (PRESIDENT BUSH) didn’t think it was urgent enough. Cooper doesn’t directly blame Bush for not doing the right thing but I do after reading the facts that he pointed out and showed throughout the book. The book was definitely a reality check for me and brought me up to speed on things I thought I was informed about but really wasn’t. Fabu book definitely recommend it to anyone.

MOVIE – CHILDREN OF MEN

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON’T WATCH THIS MOVIE. IT WAS TERRIBLE. THE ONLY GOOD THING WAS THAT IN THE BATTLE SCENES BLOOD ACTUALLY SPLASHED ON THE CAMERA AND IT STAYED THERE. THE STORYLINE SUCKED AND THE CHARACTERS SUCKED. REALLY BAD, REALLY LONG AND JUST DON’T WATCHED IT, YOU’VE BEEN WARNED


MOVIE – PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS

This movie was fantastic. It was long and you felt really bad for the main character Chris (will smith) and his son. You watched and you felt so bad for him that you kept thinking, man when is this guy going to get a break, nothing was going well for him. Thandie Newton was in the movie, and I must say it was the first time that she played a nasty person and she did it PERFECTLY. I was really impressed with how well she pulled the role off. The movie was really touching and it showed how even in the hardest of times, the relationship between the son and father got stronger, and they supported each other all the time. Definitely recommend the movie, good for everyone to watch.

No comments: