Monday, April 2, 2007

Book Review + Music PlayList

Dear Reader, so I finished reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. I must say that the book is probably one of his most memorable out of his collection. It was almost like I was able to become one with the characters, the descriptions of everything were fabulous. John is a person that is enrolled in the army because the when he went to sign up the marine’s desk was “out to lunch” but the army desk was ready to recruit. He admits that he would have rather been a marine in the beginning in the book but I think later in the book he realizes how the army has affected his life and made him become the person that he is. On one of his leaves home he meets Savannah, a girl that will eventually change his life forever, while she is in his town building homes for humanity for the summer. John has an uncomfortable connection with his father and they don’t really talk much, which you later learn why in the book. The connection between Savannah and John is like love at first sight. As the relationship progresses he comes home on leave many times but it is very straining on the relationship with him being in the army and being in harms way all the time. The strain eventually causes them to break up but it does not make them never re-unite again. On a whim when John’s dad passes away he goes to Savannah’s house for what reason he is unsure but as you read he goes there to find comfort, sympathy and care. I don’t want to give any more of the book away but it was fabu. One of the best Nick Sparks books, aside from The Guardian. The characters are fabulous and very REAL. I was able to pull a quote from the book that really touched my heart and I hope you get the same thing from it that I did:

“I sold the collection because I finally understood what true love really meant. Tim had told me – and shown me – that love meant that you care for another person’s happiness more then your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.

Music I am really enjoying right now:
The Garden State Sound Track (pretty much the whole thing but I like the Coldplay song, the Shins songs, Lebanese Blond by the Theivery Corporation and definitely Let Go by Frou Frou)
Anything by JLO, even back to her first album

No comments: