Sunday, June 24, 2007

My New Cows

Scarlett
(Left to right) Molly & Nubbin

Molly


Dear reader, I thought that I had mentioned my new cows around the time I had gotten them but I was looking back through past posts and noticed that I had not mentioned them.

We received the cows on June 3, 2007. We got 3 pregnant mummies. I chose to name them Molly (she is lighter around the eyes and mouth), Nubbin (she has a little nub of horn left hence the name), and Scarlett (she’s the darkest red out of all the cows). We still have Bigguh of course, even though Shorty passed away (May 24, 2007). We have the cows divided like this: Nubbin and Molly are together because they were already pasture mates and they were the closest to giving birth. Scarlett is with Bigguh and they get along so well. It’s sort of funny because Scarlett is so much smaller then Bigguh, it’s like she could be her calf. Scarlett tends to act like Bigguh’s calf which is cute. I talked about the cows in my post from yesterday, so I thought I would give you more info on them. The 3 new cows are Limosine crosses. They all show their personalities each day and it makes me love them even more!

No comments: