Saturday, June 23, 2007

Updates, Get Your Updates!!!!

Dear reader, so I haven’t written something really personal in a while so I figured I should bring you up to speed on a few things, etc.

THE COWS
I am waiting (patiently, or at least trying) for Molly to give birth. She is as big as a house, there’s a possibility that it may be twins! Two babies, that’s great! I can’t wait to see them. It was predicted when we got her that she would be calving within the week that they arrived but she’s two weeks over due and she doesn’t look like she will be having a baby/babies over the weekend. She doesn’t run very much and when she walks she waddles. She has about a foot sticking out from where her belly would regularly be, on either side! Nubbin will be next to give birth and then Scarlett and Bigguh. We aren’t watching Nubbin closely yet though because she’s not ready for sure.

MY NEW PASSION
I really enjoy taking pictures. I have been practicing when there is riding lessons going on. I am getting a lot better. I find the action shots hard to take, for example when the horses are jumping that’s difficult but I am getting better at it all the time. Even the horses are getting used to me being in weird areas around the ring so that I can get what I think would be the perfect shot. The first lesson, I took approximately 45 pictures and I nearly doubled that the next lesson I decided to take pictures at. I am also taking pictures around the farm of things that look nice, sometimes the sky, the cats, the sunset, anything really that I consider pleasing to the eyes. I have posted a few of my pictures (a lot really) on Facebook, if you are interested in seeing them you can look me up there.

SCHOOL
School is almost done. I have been guaranteed a pass with one credit already completed (Computers). I am trying to find a volunteer placement somewhere within the school news paper or something so that I can enhance my newfound writing skills. If I don’t get that I will ask Erin if I can do my placement at the cleaners because it’s close to home. Dad thinks that I should try and find a placement at one of the local papers but I said that I have to like working where I am and I doubt that I would like working for one of the local papers. The benefit for working with the school is I may be able to write about the program I am involved in and how it is changing and progressing. The second semesters have their graduation next week on Friday. I will take my camera because I really want to capture their happiness and excitement and also get pictures for my own memories of them. They are a really nice bunch of people and I wish them all the best.

GOLF
For Father’s Day I treated dad to a round of golf and then made him a really nice dinner. I tried to tell him that he didn’t need to do chores around the house but he insisted and I wasn’t going to argue with him. The golf was nice but it was probably the worst round of golf for a long time. I realize my season was cut short last year and that we haven’t been to the driving range much this year, so I am not going to be amazing on the first try. We are going again this weekend, which will be nice, and we are making a tentative date for Tuesday after I am done school. I miss my hobby but I am lucky that I am able to do it a little bit rather than none.

No comments: