Friday, June 1, 2007

Updates, Get Your Updates!!!!

Sorry for the blurriness but i tried my best, you can still sort of read it.

It's a bit messy but you get the idea of what i got.

Dear Reader, I am writing to update you on a few things.

1. My mum and I had a girls day out, it was really nice since we are starting to get along much better nowadays. I decided that I was going to get a tattoo today because my friend Jamie “Grazzhopper” Lindsay, just bought the tattoo shop so it was my way of saying congrats to him. I got a little star that’s blue border with a hollow inside. I took a picture of it myself but it doesn’t look the greatest, but I will get my mum to take a better shot tomorrow. I have also included Jamie’s business card in case anyone in the area wants to get a tat by him. We then finished the aft. off with a nice lunch at 66 on Brock, my fav. place to eat. It was a great aft. Thanx Mum!

2. I finished my career assessment testing on Thursday of this week. It wasn’t as weird as the last bunch of questions, no sexual questions at all this time. Phewwwwwww. This time it was all timed though, and there were at least 7 different tests I had to do. The only test that I didn’t complete within the time limit was the math questions but that’s ok I hate math anyway. Now I will get to see what my true potential jobs might be instead of the testing we did in class that told me I was to be a gunsmith, magician or furniture upholsterer.

3. Watched Apocalypto, a film directed by Mel Gibson. Now I don’t really like Mel Gibson himself and I don’t like that he chooses movies to direct that are based on history because the story is already written basically, it’s how he chooses to interpret it, BUT PASSION OF THE CHRIST was amazing and I really liked it (and I’m not even religious) I was looking forward to see how this movie would do. This movie is gory, probably one of the goriest that I have seen in a while but that’s not what gets the watcher. It’s the fact that the movie has an amazing story. It’s about a warrior that ends up being captured by ‘bad guys’ and sent to sacrifice but when he is about to be sacrificed a solar eclipse happens and saves him from his doom. He then has to play a HUNT type of game where he is the hunted, that lasts for quite a good portion of the movie but it is really interesting and suspenseful. As usual I am not going to tell you the ending because then you wouldn’t watch it. Take note there are no famous stars in it and that’s a major plus. This is probably one of my favourite movies of the year so far and I highly recommend it.

4. Watched Letters From Iwo Jima, a film by Clint Eastwood, who also directed Flags of Our Fathers. I really liked this film because it made me realize what the Japanese had to go through in a losing battle situation. The movie stars Ken Watanabe, who has such movies as Last Samurai and Memoirs of a Geisha in his repertoire as well as some indie films. This man I cannot say enough times, how fabulous an actor he is. In this film he plays the smart General that tries to convince the people already on the island of Iwo Jima that if they plan to have all their people on the beach, the battle will be over before it begins. He is the one that convinces them to hide in tunnels in the hills and such, a type of guerilla warfare if you will. The Japanese in the movie are very people oriented, ex. a general shoots an American and then brings him into the hidey hole and has him tended to so that he does not die, when the soldier is coherent he then begins to tell him that he competed in the Olympics in the USA that year as a horseback rider, they shake hands and make peace. The one specific thing about this movie was that it really showed that there was mass confusion behind the Japanese lines. The mainland offered no help by sending reinforcements, tanks, or planes, they basically had to fight the battle with what they had. The story is incredible and really gets to the watcher as you see these men trying their best to stay alive when commanders are often trying to commit suicide because they know the mission is a bust. The one thing that is noticeable is that these men fight to try and get back to home to their wives and families, a true inspiration to get them through the war. Clint Eastwood did it again with another fabulous film but on the other side, showing what the Japanese had to go through, and what trials and tribulations they had to suffer.

5. We got a call from our cattle liaison today and he is going to be bringing us a shipment of cows on Sunday. He bought 3 cows that are due to give birth within the next 2 months which is right about when Bigguh is to give birth. These cows may be a slight bit darker because they have more Simmental (the red coloured cows) in them then Charolais (the beige cows) but I figure that might mean they are the fawn or light brown colour which is really nice. I can’t wait to see them. The cattle liaison also told dad that cow prices are high so if per chance we had sold Bigguh(which we would never do), she would have gone for between $1500 – $1700. Pretty surprising huh!

No comments: