Monday, June 11, 2007

Tribute to Herbie


So folks I have had another death in my animal family. My dear Herbie, my first betta fish passed away June 9, 2007. Herbie was a really interesting fish. He was at the point where he would almost do a mini jump out of the water to get his food. He was really skiddish and didn't like foreign things in his home, but overall he was a wonderful fish. I painted a rock for him so that he can have a place within our little animal cemetery at the back of the property. I put all things that were important to him on the stone, his name, a heart because i loved him, the sun because he loved the warmth, and a wave because he loved water of course. I hope that Herbie is swimming around in his big fish tank in the sky or wherever it is. He will be missed dearly but I will carry on and Barclay will also carry on with good memories of him close to our hearts. You will be greatly missed Herbie.


On a secondary note, my dad has now changed his stance and he thinks that we will be having calves on Fathers Day. The girls are pretty big and their titties are full of milk ready to feed hungry little ones. It will be Molly and Nubbin that are expected to calf. I will be sure to get lots of baby pictures and keep you updated. Scarlett and Bigguh are due around August 1st so we have a while to wait. I am ready to be in parent mode though and am very excited as it will be my first time seeing a birth.

No comments: