Friday, November 23, 2007

HAIRSPRAY = POO

Dear Reader,

I must say that I have come down with the worst case of the trots I’ve had in a while. I mean my bum is VERY sore, I know this isn’t the sort of reading that you would like to have but hey it’s my blog, I write what I want! Within the hour I have shat about 7-8 times and gotten past the liquid lava stage but now my stomach is grinding and just not being nice. It’s probably some of the best exercise, running up and down the stairs at a very quick speed, not only am I tired from that but everything in general. Today has not been a good day, slept in total for 5 hours in naps…..

That’s a perfect segway into what I really want to talk about:

Movie Review – HAIRSPRAY


This movie was supposed to be great, one of the best for films. I beg to disagree. This movie in my opinion was garbage. The only thing I liked about it was when Queen Latifah had her singing her songs. She’s got a wonderful voice and you could bet that she really did sing her parts. The other characters I’m not so sure. When they were singing they just looked super fake, it was like one giant BAD music video. The main character played by Nicki Blonsky, I really didn’t like but the one thing I liked about her was she went against everyone and helped with stopping the segregation of the Black people. The dancing in the movie wasn’t that great, there are way better dancing movies out there so please if that’s what you are in the mood for don’t pick up this movie. Next topic, John Travolta in a woman’s fat suit. I really didn’t like him as the mother and he still sounded like a man (well more like a transvestite and I have no problem with them) I just don’t think the role was for him. He was really phony and besides I HATE JOHN TRAVOLTA. Sure he’s been in a few good movies but I really don’t like him I find him irritating. Amanda Bynes did an excellent job of singing and playing a role that really is different from all her other roles but here’s the thing I think she’s great and liked all the movies she has done! Christopher Walken was really good as the dad and was really supportive of his daughters dream, I really liked that feature. He did a really good job of dancing and singing and he was fun to watch!

Overall I don’t like the movie but there are actors that did a great job with what they had to do for the movie. It was probably a really demanding role to take but for some of the actors they would be used to that type of demanding role. By far I did NOT like this movie, wasn’t near as good as I was expecting…such a shame really! Oh well I have 4 other movies to watch!

No comments: