Thursday, November 22, 2007

Hiatus Put to an END!!!



Dear Reader,

So I have been on a temporary hiatus from the blog. I am not the only one either, (opinionistas and stay-at-home-maven), so your eyes must be wanting a delicious readerly treat. When us bloggers go on a hiatus, what do you spend your time doing rather than reading our pages? Maybe you play games, look after your kids, get drunk, smoke a joint, watch a movie, etc. I would like to know though if you send me a response that would be awesome.

My creative writing class is amazing but unfortunately next week will be the last class. There are a few of the people in the class that I want to keep in touch with so I made sure to get their emails, the rest don’t really matter to me. For some reason talking with them outside of class is not going to happen but it’s no biggie for me. In this course I have learned not only to be a writer but how to write well. I have to thank my wonderful teacher Dorothea Helms, without her encouragement and interesting assignments I would be no where (literally). I have learned the concept of ‘show don’t tell’ and I seem to get it pretty well. Some pieces have been good and moving for the audience, other pieces have been very vulnerable and moved me to tears in front of the audience. Some stories I have posted here for you readers to read and enjoy, and I still may post some but not tonight, tonight is shear catch up night.

I have been watching the Hills avidly and loving every minute. So much has happened that I can’t really begin to do a re-cap. I will mention that Lauren and Whitney are doing fab at Teen Vogue and did excellent on the Marc Jacobs show for The Young Hollywood party. Heidi is still head over heels for Spencer, which is a bit unfortunate but you reap what you sew. She’s just distancing herself from everything that she knows as familiar as she gets more tangled in the Spencer Webb. Someone I have been missing is Brody, come back please, you and Lauren make me so excited when I’m watching, I miss the love connection. Audrina is doing excellent, she got a promotion at Epic Records and I’m not too sure but things with J-Bobby might be on the rocks. She did great on her first shoot though which was with Sean Kingston doing the Jimmy Kimmel show. You go Audrina, you have worked a lot of shitty jobs to get to where you are, smell and then seize what little power you have! Lauren has launched her clothing line, there are only 15 pieces but they are mostly mini-dress style. I was a little hurt I will say though because the clothing line doesn’t really even address large size girls that might to support Lauren and wear the cool clothing…more or less ME. I guess not all fashion designers are going to address the large crowd, here’s a few: Juicy Couture, Versace, Chanel, etc. I know that I couldn’t afford the clothing but I would at least like to look at it in my size!

ANTM has been really good. I must say that last night was the first time I had watched in a while. My girl Heather was almost booted off but she was kept because her Covergirl photo was phenomenal. I am still hoping that Heather will pull out all the stops and then win the competition, it would say a lot for all those watching that have an illness like Asperger’s Syndrome or ADHD. We need a winner that is relatable, would change how ANTM is viewed by millions.

I have been watching DANCING WITH THE STARS, and am slightly addicted but not past a reasonable point. The only couple I like to see dance is Mel B (Scary Spice) and Maks, although Helio and Julianne are hot on their tails. I am not totally addicted but I like watching dancing shows what can I say. When I get married I would love to dance a Viennese Waltz or even better a Paso Doble as my first dance but I would want to learn it properly so that it looks beautiful. A dream it is, yep!

I don’t really know what else to write. I know it doesn’t make up for the length of the hiatus but I have a stack of movies to watch so there will be some reviews coming your way. Be prepared dear reader!

No comments: