Tuesday, November 27, 2007

TRIBUTE TO WRIT 1900

Dear Reader,

I have a story to tell and it is regarding my eventful night. Here it goes

TRIBUTE TO WRIT 1900

I write this with a tear making a slow and steady path down my cheek. I feel a sense of loss but there is no real loss only plenty of gain. I’ve learned through experience and met people who I’ve made friendships with that are very special.

Tonight was the last night of my Creative Writing class taught by Dorothea Helms. We had a variety of guests: a published fiction writer, a travel writer/screenplay writer, a teacher and writer of health issues, an accountant who dabbles as a writer and is awaiting to have a novel published, a published dairy farm owner, a writer of computer and automotive journalism, and last but certainly not least a writer for a travel magazine as well as a woodworking magazine. We as a class were delighted to be in the company of such writers and their creative minds. Inspirations flowing from many forums and through many veins, not being able to pinpoint a single source, we as a class were mesmerized. These people not only shared their experience and ideas but most of them read a piece that they had written. This was important to me the most because every writer has a different voice and even though these people were from all different walks, I could see a tiny bit of my own voice repeated in theirs. Creativity coming out of every pore, eyes staring in awe, brains working to comprehend a dream that is now reachable. The speakers tonight did not only make writing a reality to us, me especially, but they also inspired us each in a different way to push on.

Many thanks go through my mind when thinking about the past ten weeks that the course has been running. Thanks to Dorothea for jumpstarting something in me that I do not know what power it possesses or where it will take me, but I am willing to pilot the ride. Thanks to several classmates who I bonded with, you guys were there for me and I really appreciate every word and every sentence you said to me. Each of you a talent hidden like a diamond in the rough, yet Dorothea has come and uncovered you making your talent a little bit more known then before. The hugs and care you guys gave me meant more then words can say.

I, Sarah Gall, am a writer. I know not where my path leads me but like Robert Frost’s The Road Less Travelled, I am that traveler gazing down the two paths. Unsure where each will lead me, I take the road less traveled and am waiting with patience to see what trysts, stories and triumphs it has to offer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

You are a special lady. Keep writing, you have an interesting view. Keep in touch. : 0

Dave

Anonymous said...

whooops.... that shoulda been : )
(crappy DELL keyboard ... shift doesn't work good....)

DJ

Anonymous said...

It was a PLEASURE hearing your 'voice' develop. I'm really going to miss Tuesday nights.

Keep letting your passion drive your pen.

You've got a fan here.

Dale.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to our amazing 10 week adventure! Keep going, Sarah. Believe in yourself.

:)
Elaine

Anonymous said...

у меня к примеру сначало веселое настроение, хорошо мне, соврать не могу, язык несет все подрят, а потом приходит порыв совести, очень ненавистное чувство)
с утра меня подташнивает обычно)

[url=http://pi7.ru/go/serial.php]Вообще любой сериал и особенно новинки я качаю тут [/url]