Sunday, February 24, 2008

Is Blood Thicker Then Water OR Sex Is A Better Bond Then Blood?




Dear Reader,

I am in a dilemma. I have been let down by several people, most importantly by my mum. Mum once told me that my grandma (dad’s mum) told her that blood is thicker then water. To a certain extent I believe that to be true but my mum was helping her out a great deal, since she could not do things because of age, and illness hinderances. Now I come to a different crossroads involving my mum. I have come to think is sex a better bond then blood? I ask this because I had a verbal argument with mum’s boyfriend the other day. Fine and dandy the issue was resolved and I went back downstairs to bed and mum appreciated that I stood up for her. Well yesterday when I was coming home from my EROTIC WRITING WORKSHOP, I got lost and this caused my mind to ponder regarding my mum’s dating situation. This man has made my mum cry so many times and because he can’t handle it, he feels it is easier to say I can see that you don’t want to be together, instead of working things out. In my mind though, there comes a time when you have the same fight over and over regarding something and nothing gets worked out. Topics get rehashed in harsher terms, nastier comments get made and so on. This is when, I have learned this through my own toil and troubles, that I or my mum in this case has to take a stand as a woman and say that I am not going to tolerate such poor behaviour. Now after I had my argument I called my the next day to see how things were going which as she stated were fine. When I got lost and was pondering things though I came to think that this relationship needs to end or have some major changes. Maybe major changes aren’t possible so therefore ending would be the best idea. Well I tried to talk civilly with my mum about this and the feelings I had. Once I started saying that I don’t think to continue such a relationship would be a wise decision on her part she began to get defensive and start being snarky. When my mum doesn’t like what she is hearing she turns bitchy and then in turn I get bitchIER. Thus leading to the downfall of our discussion and ending in a fight and me leaving her house. Well today my mind has conjured up that maybe there is the big possibility that Sex is a better bond then blood, because in my mum’s response that was made very clear. She is willing to accept poor treatment just so she isn’t alone….come on ladies, we all know that isn’t right. Even during the fight that I had with mum’s boyfriend, he made a lot of comments that were said in the wrong text, ex. “I treat your mum like a fucking queen.” Now I believe this to be false because a lot of the time when mum does talk to me about him, she says they are having a disagreement or argument of some kind and she is quite upset. Now reader, you tell me, is that treating someone like a queen or just being a giant dickhead? I don’t but I think it’s the latter in the previous rhetorical question. My mum tried to ignore all that had gone on in the argument with me and the boyfriend and she just pretended like everything is ok and that things were moving along. I think that is totally wrong since this problem has come up more then once. The fact that mum totally reneged on believing what I said to him proves to me that the sex is a better bond then blood. I find it very disappointing to say such a thing and what’s even more sad is that my mum has fallen victim to this person’s persuasions. On the whole my mum is a smart person but since she has fallen hook line and sinker for a man that is willing to treat her bad and NOT like a queen, I am not going to stick up for her in their arguments anymore. Throughout the process I just looked like a fool because when you think back now mum thinks differently about things so what was the point of me standing up for her. I have had to learn this the hard way but I will make sure to keep a record of it in my memory banks.

EROTIC WRITING WORKSHOP – Feb 23, 2008

I attended the erotic writing workshop yesterday and I have to say that it was a fantastic experience. One of the instructors said “We learn by doing” and the saying truly came to life in the exercises her and her other instructing partner had the group do. We were taken to sexual ideas and places that some of us had never thought before. We were allowed to explore and within in the safety zone of the room, everything was acceptable. I cannot say how wonderful this is enough because I had expectations going into the course and they were met and then quite easily surpassed. The style of erotic writing is a craft that is like no other. It embodies feelings, emotions, sexual actions and behaviours, as well as so many other interesting literary things. Anyone who is a writer I highly suggest going to a workshop held by these two instructors because you will have the time of your life and be totally stunned by what you come up with. If anyone would like more information, there is another workshop of erotic writing being held in the month of March. Please send me an email if you are interested in going, I will gladly pass the information along.
I have gotten the go ahead from one of the instructors of the workshop so I just want to introduce you to Susan Lynn Reynolds. She has successfully published a book entitled Strandia. (I am in the process of getting this book for myself.) She has been writing erotically for about 10years. She also has published a book of Erotic poetry, with the other instructor of the course, James Dewar, the title is Interluscious. One of the poems was read at the workshop and it was fantastic so i just want to let you know that you are not wasting your time getting it. Here is a link to Sue's website. There are other links and goodies on here:
I have just gotten the go ahead from the other instructor, so dear reader i would like to introduce James Dewar. He is a poet and has been running poetry shows in Toronto for 4 to 5 years. He has successfully published a book of poetry entitled The Garden in the Machine. James said, one of the most important things in the workshop, "We have to give ourselves the permission to write it (meaning the sex scenes, etc.)" and I found that very true and so important when beginning to write erotica. Here's two links to James' websites where I'm sure you will find some goodies as well:
Enjoy dear reader because I know I sure did!!!!
Enjoy dear reader because I sure did!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sarah:

Glad you had such a great time and enjoyed the erotic writing experiences as well. Please feel free to use my name, James Dewar, in your blog.
My wesites are www.creativejames.com and www.hotsaucedwords.ca