Friday, February 29, 2008

I Deserve Better

Dear Reader,

Before I get into the post I just want to say that many a singer, songwriter and rapper have quoted these words, “You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone.”

A very powerful phrase which can be read either way. 1. You’ve given something away and you regret it because it was something special, or 2. There was an opportunity and it was squashed by childish actions of one or more parties. Either way both reflect regret. I also want to toss into the pot with regret, being used, and being lied to. Regret I have a lot of so it’s just another mark on the chalk board and I guess the same applies to being used, and being lied to. It’s the people you expect the least that would do it you though. This person, I trusted, I believed in, I supported, man I did a lot. Then just to trash me and forget all that was done, to forget about the progress and leaps and bounds you went through to improve. We improved as a group not as singles. What keeps running through my head is “You give a person an inch, and they take a mile.” That’s exactly what happened in this situation. I’m calloused, angry, disappointed and a bunch of other emotions, but I know now and have to move on. Jaded, yeah this might make me a little more jaded. I have people telling me that it was clear from the start what this person was like and I chose to stick up and stand up for them and say, “No, I am supporting this person because I think there is something there.” Quoting Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, as the nurse says, “I was lead to a fool’s paradise.” Emotions and feelings are raw when you get right down to the core and if you have been letting people use you throughout your life there comes a time when you have to stand up and say, “I DESERVE BETTER.”

I, Sarah Gall, deserve better and am going to start consciously thinking about the way people treat me and what their intentions may be. I have to make the change and it starts today. No more going out with guys under false pretenses that they like me. No more letting people walk back and forth over me and do nothing about it. Yes, to CHANGE. I move into my new apartment tomorrow, what a great idea to use that as my jumping off point.

No comments: