Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Movie Review- THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB

The characters in this movie were fantastic. They came from all walks of life, straight, gay, married and very single. When the initial 6 unite to form a book club magic occurs. Relating to characters within all 6 Jane Austen books each has a different look and appeal. Witty remarks, catchy phrases, and idyllic lifestyle is what all 5 women and single man want. The fantasy of Austen’s tales encourage each character to develop in to better more well rounded person by the end of the film. The cast works together like peanut butter and jam a trusty combination. New love is found and old love is rekindled.

While watching this movie I was inspired to contact a person that I myself like. I was silly and called way too soon but by watching this movie I was inspired to act and be an upstanding woman. A woman of talent, of class, of curiosity. I think my actions caused me to bugger up something that hasn’t quite happened yet, and who knows may never happen. I took a chance and moved too fast.

Here is a quote that I can totally relate to and it’s from Jane Austen. (I did some looking while I was reviewing this movie and thinking of how to describe such a perfect movie.)

A lady’s imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment. – Jane Austen

This quote is so suitable because it states that in a moment of weak heart and woman can fall so heavily and deep for a fellow that she hardly knows. Couldn’t say it better then Jane….

No comments: