Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Wonderful Meal....Kraft Dinner

Dear Reader,


Today is going to be yet another educational blog day. The source of your knowledge infested reading will all relate to KRAFT DINNER. I just had Kraft Dinner for a brunch (breakfast/lunch) type of deal. I truly think that KD is a great meal for less then 50 cents. On the norm, I have been able to finish an entire box to myself at one sitting and that does me for pretty much most of the day and then I have dinner. I’m not sure if I have told you dear reader but I am also lactose intolerant so I don’t use the recommend amount of butter or milk in my KD delight. I use lactose free milk (1% is really nice and light) and I use a bit extra of that. Yes I am of the breed that likes their KD on the runny side not the stodgy. I have been enjoying KD since I was young, sometimes with hot dogs in it, sometimes as a side dish, but never with ketchup (I feel that takes away from the Cheez Pro powder taste and I just think it looks gross too). I am true to my KD and always purchase the original kind, when I was a kid I went through a phase where I liked getting the pasta when it was shaped as Mario brothers or something but it always broke apart and then you had a bunch of Mario brother body parts to eat.

In the old days the box never used to state what is known as Sensible Solution. In this area (which is on the front of the box) it says what a wonder KD is. “Source of Calcium and Protein, Good source of iron, good source of 5 essential nutrients,” which is all contained in a 225g box. Then when you flip the box over you are greeted again with another Sensible Solution stating “The Sensible Solution flag helps you find nutritious food choices. Kraft Dinner mac ‘n cheese, as prepared, carries this flag because it is a source of calcium and protein and a good source of iron. KD also provides a good source of 5 essential nutrients.” Now that whole little schpiel is unnecessary because it is written on the front of the package, how many times does the eater want to be informed of how great it is. NOTE- If the person eating KD has any sense at all they will realize that it’s not a magic product with all this stuff in it, it’s a product that kids will eat because it’s easy to make, and parents find it cheap to buy.
NOTE- I find it quite silly how they give directions as to how healthy the product is as a dry mix because no one I ever know eats KD dry, that would be gross.
So dear reader I hope that you have enjoyed learning about all the ins and outs of KD it was my pleasure to enlighten you on it.

No comments: