Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It Keeps Gettin' Better....

Dear Reader,

Things have been quite busy in the last little while. I thought that I would bring you up to date because today is MY BIRTHDAY. I have received a number of birthday wishes from family and friends, and I have made it my job to personally send them a message back and thank them.

WORK
That’s right I currently have a job. I’m working for a company that I used to work for, that specializes in Rapid Prototyping. Some of you may not know what that is but if you look it up you will find out that it’s a special world for techies and there’s some interesting stuff that comes out of this type of work. I would put my company’s website up but I don’t have permission and I don’t know how they would feel knowing I am writing a blog post while at work. All the pressing things that were for me to do I have completed though. It’s nice to be back working and have an income that is regular and coming in. Sometimes it gets stressful but I have stated that I haven’t worked in 2 years so I need things to be easy for the first little bit. I have actually been working here a month, I almost forgot that. I am thinking about re-negotiating in January, more hours and such.

MOO NEWS
This weekend just past we had to give the babies their second set of booster needles. MJ, Nibbs, Mini B and Starlett were fab. I walked them over to the special pen, which is away from their mum’s and they are champion leaders. Mini B and Starlett can still have days where their attitude is quite prominent but this weekend they shone brightly. The kids are also exposed to the bull, Junior, who is their dad. I think they know that he is their daddy because they are very fond of him and spend a lot of time with him. Unfortunately, Junior’s time at the farm will be coming to an end soon because he has to move on to the next herd of ladies. He looks great this year, a lot better then last year. I got some pictures to post so I will try to remember to post them here as well. I’m hoping that we can get Junior again next year because the kids won’t be able to be bred so it will just be their mum’s that need servicing. The year after is when we will need to get a brand new hubba hubba for everyone. Junior will always have a warm place in my heart though because he helped create the wonderful kids that I have now.

THE HILLS
The Hills is turning out to be one of the best seasons ever. I know at the start I was complaining how it was slow and blah blah blah but it’s great. I re-neg all my previous statements. Each character is coming into their own and learning what is necessary as goals and wants and desires. Whitney has been lucky to get a spin-off from the hit tv show to create her own tv show called the City. This follows Whitney as she moves up in the fashion world and out to New York. The Speidi drama is rich as always and with a surprise turn, Heidi lost her job last night because she was drinking on the job. I think it’s going to get steam-ier with everyone.

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY
Just wanted to mention that my best friend, Rebecca celebrated her 26th birthday on October 29, 2008. I was silly and didn’t send her anything for that day but I made sure to make it up to her by posting some videos on YouTube and sending her something which arrived yesterday, Monday November 3, 2008. My other best friend, Meggy has her 26th birthday coming up which is November 9, 2008. Please be sure to drop by her blog http://www.aphoenixlament.blogspot.com/ and give her a happy birthday wish. Then on the 28th of November my friend Sher Bear has her 26th birthday coming up November 28. Happy Birthday Sher, not sure if you read my blog but a big shout out is going to you.

WRIT 2900
This is my writing course that I am currently enrolled in. I think we are in our 6th week of sessions… and I am in love with this course. It is making me push the envelope, experiment with point of view, look at narrative structure, write lyrical poetry and much more great stuff. The teachers are James Dewar and Sue Reynolds, who if you have read my blog taught the fabulous Erotic Writing workshops that I participated in. This course has nothing to do with erotic writing but it is well rounded and focusing on the rules of writing so that when we know them, then we can break them! I have learned so much and will continue to do so. This course is great and I am learning so much more then I thought I would. This course also brought some of my fellow colleagues from the WRIT 1900 to the forum and it is great to be in class with them again. They too are excelling in their own ways and developing a voice they can call their own.

RIDING LESSONS
My one student, a young girl the age of 9 completed her set of 6 (½) hour lessons, which was given to her as a birthday present from her Grandpa. She truly enjoyed the experience and got to test out both my small ponies, Stewart (on lease) and Casper. She was so smart as to want to switch riding them between lessons because she said that she liked them both and didn’t want one to get more attention then the other. This gave me warm tinglies because she really cared about the ponies, and that’s the first step. I have since been approached by a girl to give lessons and we had our first lesson on Sunday, November 2, 2008. The student really liked how I accommodated her and her horse and made exercises (on the spot) suitable for what her training needs are. She plans to be showing in the spring, and I hope I am her coach for that because I would really like that. If you are interested in lessons please leave me a message and I will get back to you asap.

Even though the posts have been sparse I am trying to bring you up to speed in each one. I know that I have to get back to doing it regularly. For my next post I think that I should do some fun facts or something. Give you faithfuls a laugh!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going great, and you have lots of plans for the future. You're flying! Loved the horsey news, what a sweet girl, and I hope you get to coach your new student's show season, you're perfect, she'll know that after a few lessons.