Sunday, October 1, 2017

The Madman's Daughter

The Madman’s Daughter (The Madman’s Daughter, #1)The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I read this book because of the 52 book challenge and it filled the spot of a book based on classic literature. The book is based on The Island of Dr. Moreau. I have not read that book so I don't really know what it is about. Having read this book I get some idea of what it might be like but I would suggest reading The Island of Dr. Moreau before you dive in to this story so you have some backstory and information. The Madman's Daughter is of course about Dr. Moreau's daughter, Juliet. I didn't even like this book, I would give it a zero but that's not possible so a 1 star it is. I found this book was extremely long for what the content was. It was constantly putting me to sleep and I was thinking “Damn, when is this going to be over.” So much of the book was dragged out that it was annoying. The story was very predictable, which didn't work in it's favour. The characters are stodgy and boring. I don't have anything good to say about this book. Oh well. (Pretty sad when a book that is medium sized takes 24 days to read. WAY TOO LONG)


View all my reviews

No comments: