Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The ANTM winner is......JASLENE!!!!!


Dear reader, I have good news and some bad news. The bad news is that America’s Next Top Model finished tonight. The good news is that the winner is ….JASLENE. I was really happy that she won but I would have never figured that her opponent would be Natasha. Renee had a quality that Natasha didn’t, she was able to be personal and commit with the camera without a lot of direction. Many times she was asking the photographer if she could do a pose that she thought would really be suitable. She was creative…unfortunately it was Nigel’s comment that she looked like she had been seen before and that she looked like the oldest out of the girls that sent her packing. It was sad because she made a point all the time that she was doing the competition to make her family’s life better then it was, and then she made it to the final 3 and was booted. I still Renee has a lot of potential and she should definitely consider pursuing the modeling career more. Now about Miss Cha Cha Diva. I am really glad that she won the competition. On the runway I noticed a definite difference between her and Natasha’s performance. The judges said that she was weak to start but finished with a bang and that Natasha was the opposite. Even though Jaslene was considered to have started weak, I thought she did amazing, cause she looked like she was going to puke before she took first steps to walk. Natasha was a big ball of confusion and mess back stage, I didn’t really like that. With Jaslene, she seemed like the perfect package and was ready to deliver when the call time came. Jaslene brought her heart and soul to the competition and realized that she got a second chance that most people would not be able to get. With that second chance, she used it to her ability, brought FIERCE to the photos and totally embodied in my mind what it truly means to be America’s Next Top Model. Congrats for Jaslene!!!! The other good thing that I really liked about the show was they brought back Caridee and man has she ever changed. She really seems to have learned a lot compared to when she was on cycle 7 battling with Melrose to get the ANTM title. I was really happy to see how much she had changed and that she was able to give advice and help the newbies out a bit. I’m proud of Caridee, I’m so glad that she won cycle 7.

No comments: