Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Force = Facebook, + Movie Reviews


Dear Reader, just writing because it’s been a while and I’m sure that you are missing some of my interesting news. First on the list is the pic. This pic is of me and my friend Heather who I have met and now carpool (I drive) to school. She is really nice and has a lot of interesting and different views. This pic makes me smile when I see it because we both look so happy!

Movie Review – Déjà vu

This movie was unbelievably excellent. At first I thought I may get lost in the going back and forth in time with the film but it is done in a way that totally is easy to follow. There were some big stars in it besides Denzel (ie. Val Kilmer, Bruce Greenwood, Jim Cavaziel). All the actors brought their A Game to the table making the story not only interesting but amazing. I can’t really describe the movie or else it will give it away but I definitely suggest you watch it.

Movie Review – Alphadog

This movie, even though it doesn’t say it, was based on a real kidnapping and some of the people that were involved are still going through the justice system. I already said it though, it’s based on a kidnapping. This movie was very ridden with stars, maybe to the point that it was too much (ie. Bruce Willis, Sharon Stone, Emile Heirsch, Justin Timberlake (not so great in this movie, way better in EDISON FORCE), Dominique Swain, Lukas Haas, Ben Foster (ArchAngel from XMEN 3). There were also plenty more involved I just named a few. The movie was ok but it was really about the drug world and what can happen when you don’t pay your dealer. That pretty much sums it up, it was alright, mildly entertaining, therefore you may want to see it.

Movie Review – Because I Said So

This I would have to say is by far one of Mandy Moore’s better films. Although this film was star ridden as well (ie. Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore, Lauren Graham , Piper Perabo , the dad from Seventh Heaven, etc.) the movie was not that bad. I really enjoyed it because I was in the mood for a chick flick and I wanted to see someone fall in love and be happy (don’t know why I wanted to see that since it’s not happening to me but oh well). The one major thing I liked about this movie was the food that was shown. Mandy Moore’s character is a caterer and her mum (Diane Keaton) is a cake maker/decorator. The cakes were out of this world, they employed designs and looks that were incredible. I really like it when there is something else in a movie that is recognizably interesting and fascinating. Like I said prior, it is a chick flick, there a few laughs in it, NO TEARS (guys you will love that one), and it’s a fairly good story. In one of the review I read about it they said “It’s like Annie Hall has turned into a control freak!” Now I never saw Annie Hall but I know it was played by Keaton and she hit the epitome of control freak and it was really funny. It’s nice to see someone go through that and you know exactly how they feel!

Oh yeah before I totally forget I have joined what I like to refer as The Force. That would be the friend finder known as facebook. I have found a lot of friends and stuff and it’s great to see how they are doing, stuff like that fascinates me. There are even people on there from when I went to pre-school with them. A lot of people are married and have kids and I have made sure to make ‘notes’, as the facebook people call it, on the issue. It’s nice to have contact with people that I had truly lost contact with in about 5 years. Maybe it’s not so bad after all, but I did cave and join it, so much for sticking to my own plan!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.