Thursday, September 6, 2007

Lindsay Lohan Steals the Show in GEORGIA RULE



Dear Reader,

First I will let you know that I had purchased the first season of the Hills and plan on purchasing the second season. I may not do a re cap like I do for the weekly show but I may let you in on what happened in season one. I am so excited to watch this but my excitement must be contained til I go away on a mini-break to my dear friend Meg’s house. I have got her and her hubby pumped to watch this drama filled fun fest. It’s going to be perfect.

Now, onto the real purpose of writing……

Movie Review – Georgia Rule

This movie is directed by Gary Marshall, who also directed Pretty Woman and the Princess Diaries (both really good movies). I was therefore expecting a movie of that par. This movie went above and beyond par. Jane Fonda played the best movie role she ever in the history of movies I have seen her in, has ever played. She’s the nurturing, yet faith believing, rule-making Georgia who will not tolerate crappy behaviour whatsoever. I can’t say the whole faith thing won me over at the beginning but at the end I was a big fan of Georgia. Felicity Huffman plays drunken mother Lily, who is married to a pervert of a husband which she doesn’t find out til later. Her character is so involved in booze that it is constantly clouding her judgment, a parent like her would be tough to live with. Carrying her up the stairs and taking care of her while in her drunken hazes. The best out of everyone is Lindsay Lohan, who plays Rachel and lost teen that has done too much in her teen years, by that I mean drugs, drinking and eventually she was sexually abused. You don’t really feel for her character at the beginning because she is TROUBLE right from the start and you guess that she is going to be turning this little town in Iowa upside down. As she starts to develop and learn from her famous grandma Georgia, she becomes a loving and caring person with skewed views because of her past. The ending was great and I’m not going to tell you what it is. Excellent supporting roles by Garrett Hedlund (who was Jack in Four Brothers), and Dermot Mulroney (was Julia Roberts love interest in my Best Friend’s Wedding). The story far beats Pretty Woman or the Princess Diaries but its’ due to the character development. The only thing I wish was that they showed at the end a fast forward into the future and how things turned out. Unbelievable performance Lindsay Lohan, even award winning I would say!

No comments: