Monday, August 18, 2008

Congrats and Tribute to My Dear Friend Becs








Dear Reader,
The days are going by so fast. My dear friend, Becs, is leaving for the Cayman Islands on Sat. Aug 23. I'm not going to lie, this is starting to affect me. Becs and I have been friends on and off for quite sometime but we still keep coming back to each other for a greater friendship then the previous one. I have been really positive in Becs moving and her decisions to move and I will continue to do so, that's what any good friend should and would do. When Becs posted an online album of her last week in Canada that made it even more real, also I have a mental day count down which keeps haunting me of the day of the beginning of her new journey. Us becoming friends this time has made our friendship stronger than ever. We talk all the time, or message each other all the time, when we go days without talking because of our busy lives it just feels weird. I have said that I will go down to the Cayman Islands and visit Becs because I would love to see her in her element and how she's doing. We've even gone so far as to plan some of the things we would like to do, ie. Go to stingray bay, visit the sea turtle farm, and so much more.
Although Becs is leaving I have some great memories already that are filed close in my mind and in my heart. One that I know Becs truly enjoys is the art of cow wrangling which my dad and I have taught her. Becs enjoys working with the babies everytime she gets the chance and she has formed some close working relationships with them! Recently Dad has been inviting Becs and Nathan, her significant other, over for dinner on Sunday night. We have a variety of conversation, get in some cow wrangling, have a good meal and also get a mini Scrabble tourney going on. Becs came up to my mum's boyfriend's cottage with me and was able to yet again whoop my ass at Scrabble consistently, while having an enjoyable time with my mum and her boyfriend. Becs has pretty much been inducted to the Gall family with open arms and she loves it...or at least she says she does.... I tell her to get out asap because look how I turned out, and that gives us plenty of laughs. Many a dinner we have shared trying a new restaurant or food. Without Becs I would have no idea how great Bubbletea or Korean BBQ is, and this I thank her for muchly.
Becs is a beautiful, charming and posh woman that is moving to the Cayman Islands to excel in her career as a law clerk. I'm very proud of her for making such a move even though it would take her away from the family and friends she holds dear to her heart. There will be tonnes of emails and care packages sent to Becs from me, that's a guarantee because I enjoy doing that. Becs, you will be missed, your adventurous attitude, your posh style, and babe-licious looks, but you are only a phone call or email away.
Love, as always
Sarah



No comments: