Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Another Rant Sesh... How Fitting....

Dear Reader,

There are a few things that I would like to talk about. I will give each it's own sub-heading so that no one, including me, gets lost.

GREATEST AMERICAN DOG

This show airs on Wednesday nights at 8 pm on CBS. I love this show because it puts dogs and owners to the test in a variety of areas. Tonight though, I was not so impressed. The tasks were related to courage but I thought that they were completely unreasonable. The first task, for the dog bone suite, was to have an elephant walk towards the dog and not have it move. The elephant would then shake it's head at 20 ft away and then progress forwards to get a banana which was lying infront of the dog. There were only 2 dogs that completed the challenge, Laurie/Andrew and Travis/Pressly. For a tie breaker the dogs had to sit and the elephant would charge the handler while they had their back towards the pachyderm and the dog would have to remain in a sit-stay position. The first dog to remove their hind quarters from the ground loses. Laurie/Andrew won the challenge and the dog bone suite which was a nice win for her since she had not won a challenge before. The problem I have with this is that even though there was a trainer with the elephant in the best of times elephants are not predictable so why would the show want to endanger the competitors and their dogs...just for ratings...that's pretty bad. The final challenge did not sit well with me either. Towards the end each dog had to jump off a platform and zipline down to their handler. This was unsafe to me as well because the dogs would flail in their harnesses and how realistic is it that the dog will have to do that in life. One dog, Galaxy/Jd's, got hurt during the exercise and is now at risk for having to bow out of the competition because she is hurt. Why give a challenge that the dogs, which are the main focus of the show, may get hurt while performing...to me that sounds uber silly. I also am upset because my favourite team Bill/Star were eliminated for no reason tonight. The judges were unable to give fit reasoning and they made quite the performance when they started tearing up as they called Bill and Star's name for elimination. Bill and Star should have stayed tonight because they acted in an appropriate manner throughout the filming of the show and they were a well working and loving team. My heart goes out to Bill and Star, the fact that they were cut makes me so upset that I do not want to continue watching the show but I will on the fact that I want to see who wins. That does not mean that I am promoting the show, so I thought I would rant to you dear reader.
Bill and his 'kid', Star

THE HILLS

This season so far has not turned out to be as steamy and drama-packed as last season. I know there are only 2 episodes that have been aired but they weren't the greatest, and we all know that I am a devoted Hills fan. Spencer has cut more people off, no surprise, Heidi is starting to wonder about Lauren, Audrina and Lo hate each other, Whitney got promoted and Doug seems hot but there's something funky junky about him. Not so impressed about this either.

THE RANT SESH

I have come to a point in my life where I have stopped caring what the people in the small town that I live in think about me. I was at a favourite restaurant picking up some take out and I knew that some men were clearly whispering and laughing at me, they weren't discrete at all. So that's when I started my FUCK UXBRIDGE rampage. Well the rampage has clearly progressed into a full out battle with everyone on the planet, minus the few that I hold dear. FUCK THE PLANET is what I am naming my new rampage. I am tired of people being dickheads, thinking they are entitled to things they are not, and just being plain greedy. In Uxbridge, just because you have money or a certain last name, you're going to get guaranteed special treatment. I think this is complete and utter bunk. What happened to people working and earning trust and standing on their own without the aid of a couple bucks here and there. Some people that I consider friends, well they aren't too friendly anymore so guess what, they're cut too with a big FUCK YOU! I am beginning to notice that the world is a shitty place and people will do whatever they have to get ahead, step on others, commit crimes, even purger themselves. What kind of pathetic place do we live in if that's what you have to do to get ahead. I want no part of it. I will keep going by the old way of things, the way I was taught to be honest and have morals. I will get screwed by people time and again and that will just prove my rampage and it's theory is correct. It's a new day and meaning in the land of Sarah.....that's for sure.

1 comment:

Phoenix said...

This is in regards to the rant portion of this blog:
You've finally figured out the way of the world. Aside from a few people who will always love you (in your case, I'm one of those people) most people are completely selfish fuckheads, who will step on anyone in their way, as they try to achieve their goals. Some will even step on people just for a stupid laugh. I've gotten to the point where I try to ignore it. I mean, it's those people doing it, and if you stay true to your morals and your goodness, then who gives a fuck what people say or do.

However, having said that, I'm extremely loyal and protective of my friends, and if I'd been with you in your favourite restaurant when those assholes were not-so-quietly insulting you, I would have stopped at their table on the way out and put them in their place like they'd never been put in their place before. They're weak, and they make fun because they're unhappy themselves, and when you confront them, they crumble. They're spineless. Trust me, I live with a bully.

Keep your head up high, you're a way better person than most in that stupid town. FUCK UXBRIDGE AND FUCK THE WORLD indeed.